• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best app for browsing or viewing "now playing" album art

jeffme

Forum Donor
I thought this would be an easy question to answer, but my google fu has come up short.

Anyone using an app that really highlights album art?

I'm particularly interested in something that could be used on a tablet to:
a) browse through a music library
b) see what's playing now from across the room, so something that filled up an 11 or 12" ipad screen with a single album
and both (a) and (b) with as little non-album art content or UI controls as possible.

Right now, it seems like the album art is maybe a third to a half of the screen real estate in most apps.

I feel like the answer is probably some hack of LMS/Squeezebox, Roon, or even VLC, but I'm hoping there's something more friendly.

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
Right now, it seems like the album art is maybe a third to a half of the screen real estate in most apps.
Most computer players have lots of settings to tweak & re-size what you see.

I don't really browse by art... I'm usually sorting by artist or genre, or sometimes by song-name or album name.

BillG

Major Contributor
I thought this would be an easy question to answer, but my google fu has come up short.

Anyone using an app that really highlights album art?

I'm particularly interested in something that could be used on a tablet to:
a) browse through a music library
b) see what's playing now from across the room, so something that filled up an 11 or 12" ipad screen with a single album
and both (a) and (b) with as little non-album art content or UI controls as possible.

I feel like the answer is probably some hack of LMS/Squeezebox, Roon, or even VLC, but I'm hoping there's something more friendly.

Any music player app that supports Google Cast will display now playing album art to a Google Cast display device.

Top Bottom