• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AVS Thread: Does anyone base there [sic] buys off audiosciencereview?

Yameyo

I bought the WXA50 based on Amir's review, and it's how I'll be choosing my next speakers.

dscottj

I got my Matrix Element M based on Amir's X and I reviews. Very happy with it!

Rick63

I purchased a Topping L30 headphone amp in late 2020 largely based on the review here. Unfortunately about a week after it arrived the reports of the ESD issue began to emerge. I didn't wish to risk any headphones being blown up or worse damaging my hearing so I returned it. I then tried a Schiit Magni 3 but returned it because the scratchy volume pot was/is totally unacceptable to me. Then for almost a year I just used my Fiio A5 portable headphone amp.

I bought another L30 in September 2021 and I just love it - it sounds fantastic with my headphones (AKG K371, Fiio FD3 Pro IEMs), and works excellent as a preamp for my active monitors.

F

freemansteve

I may not rule a particular component in, but I might well rule something out for purchase.

Just like with Amazon reviews, you pay attention to bad ones the most (albeit most reviews there are fake or written by morons, which does not apply to this site)

I tend to ignore anything involving reliability, unless the item is older or out of guarantee! "My brand new car still starts, shock horror" etc.

Top Bottom