• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AVS Thread: Does anyone base there [sic] buys off audiosciencereview?

TrevC

Only just seen this. They sound astonishingly good, not bright or harsh in any way. I use them with tone controls switched out on the amp, which is a fairly old Sony.

Golfx

Forum Donor
Hello. I have ordered bowers 706 s2 without demo as demo is not possible where I live . I will be pairing them with my old Harman Kardon 3380 stereo receiver. I have heard reviews that these speakers sound bright / harsh so one cannot listen for too long ? Did you have to do any tonal adjustments to 706 s2 ?
A few things you can do if you find them too bright—toe them away from your MLP and put 2 inch absorbers on the first reflective surface. If you decide to upgrade to a more modern amp or avr you could use a target curve downward correction on the more pronounced frequencies. BTW your room itself may already offset any brightness by having lots of absorptive furniture, rugs and drapes. Good luck and try not to let the suggestion of bright bias your listening.

Top Bottom