• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Asus Xonar Essence STX vs Fiio K5 Pro ESS

DreaminquE

Hello. I already have the asus xonar essential stx. Would you recommend fiio k5 pro as a desktop dac?

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It's nice when the person asking the questions posts links so we don't have to search out stuff. Did you get the model name correct or is this some Google screw-up?

OP
DreaminquE

DreaminquE

It's nice when the person asking the questions posts links so we don't have to search out stuff. Did you get the model name correct or is this some Google screw-up?
i have asus xonar essence stx. fiio k5 pro ess looks useful I wonder. I was wondering about your advice.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
You are running headphones? If so what headphones?

OP
DreaminquE

DreaminquE

You are running headphones? If so what headphones?

I am using a stereo sound system. I think it would suit me better for portable sound level and I am wondering about ess chipset. Is there any difference in sound quality?

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I am using a stereo sound system. I think it would suit me better for portable sound level and I am wondering about ess chipset. Is there any difference in sound quality?
From the ASUS Xonar Essence STX to the Fiio K5 Pro with speakers you won't hear a difference if you blind test and level match. I doubt you will hear a difference when testing with headphones too. The ASUS is getting old though and drivers are dated and not available for Win11. If me I would run the ASUS for awhile till something more decent for a upgrade path comes along. Are you using PEQ on the desktop for sound improvements?

OP
DreaminquE

DreaminquE

ASUS Xonar Essence STX'ten hoparlörlü Fiio K5 Pro'ya kadar kör test ve seviye eşleştirme yaparsanız hiçbir fark duymazsınız. Kulaklıkla test ederken de bir fark duyacağınızdan şüpheliyim. ASUS eskiyor ve sürücüler tarihli ve Win11 için mevcut değil. Ben olsam, bir yükseltme yolu için daha iyi bir şey gelene kadar ASUS'u bir süre çalıştırırdım. Ses iyileştirmeleri için masaüstünde PEQ kullanıyor musunuz?

I am using windows 11. What kind of adjustment should I make for the sound quality on the computer I do general work on?

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I am using windows 11. What kind of adjustment should I make for the sound quality on the computer I do general work on?
Have you ever used a EQ? A PEQ is better that's all. For Windows PCs install this and then install this and open the Peace EQ and set auto updates to disabled so it does not forget your settings during a update. Set the bass and treble sliders where you like them for best sound quality. Much bigger changes than any DAC can ever provide. DACs don't generally have a sound.

OP
DreaminquE

DreaminquE

Have you ever used a EQ? A PEQ is better that's all. For Windows PCs install this and then install this and open the Peace EQ and set auto updates to disabled so it does not forget your settings during a update. Set the bass and treble sliders where you like them for best sound quality. Much bigger changes than any DAC can ever provide. DACs don't generally have a sound.
will try. thanks.

Top Bottom