• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

apogee boom audio interface with dsp

BeerBear

The DSP only works on the inputs. And it has other problems too. There are better options at lower prices.

FINFET

Forum Donor
I was about to buy this until I saw Julian's review (the YouTube reviewer mentioned above).
I noticed that the dynamic range on spec sheet is 122db(A-weighted) while Julian measured a much less result of around 113. Is this normal in the measurements of audio interfaces? But the Babyface Pro Fs for example, the measurement from the same reviewer quite match the number on paper of around 116~118. There could be some enhancement that these gears can do when dealing smaller signals but I was wondering how exactly is this technique working, and shouldn't the company state how they get the measurements of the best dynamic range number?
Still 113dbA is good enough, but it also got problems in controlling of preamp noise and high frequency roll off, which prevent me from buying this anyway.

elvisizer

huh lot of issues you would NOT expect to see in an apogee product. i'm wondering if the test unit had an issue, esp since the dynamic range as tested is so far off of specs

cajadas

I'm impressed with sound quality. AD/DA converters are superb. Sounds better than MOTU M2. Almost as good if not as good as Duet 3.

Top Bottom