• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Any Equalizer software I use keeps messing with volume

jst

I don't know what's wrong with my windows 10, everytime I use equalizer it messes up volume like normalizing the signal or something, it's probably for protecting speaker or avoid distortion but it is VERY annoying, everything I play be it musics from youtube or spotify, the volume will go up and down very noticeably and it's not good. I actually like that some frequency popping out more than others but this normalizing volume is messing it up.

At first I thought it's spotify since it has normalization, but I tried youtube videos and the volume going up and down is still there, also I thought it was voicemeeter, but then I use Equalizer APO, and damn it's still there. It's like my speakers or this eq software or windows is being possessed and I don't know where the culprit is, it's very annoying.

It can't be just me experiencing this, but googling it nothing similar came up, if none of you experiencing this then I really don't know what it is. I can't even play music loud with equalizer on. Funny thing is how come different eq softwares I use also have this volume problem, there must be a universal something going on.

The one eq app that is not affected is FXaudio, but I don't like its setting, I want just eq, not other enhancements.

Last edited:

jae

Major Contributor
Do you have some sort of "prevent/anti clipping" feature on? Or it could be that somehow some apps are using your EQ and some are not? Bear in mind almost all streaming services use some type of ReplayGain. I could understand it going down, but not up, unless you are manually putting it back up yourself or the program is not retaining its setting.

OP
jst

jst

Do you have some sort of "prevent/anti clipping" feature on? Or it could be that somehow some apps are using your EQ and some are not? Bear in mind almost all streaming services use some type of ReplayGain. I could understand it going down, but not up, unless you are manually putting it back up yourself or the program is not retaining its setting.
No, I don't have any feature like that. Could Aiyima A07 have something like that ?

I just fixed it when I turned this [SAFE MODE] off, but when I turned it on again, the problem wasn't repeating again, so probably not it and just a coincidence, I'll see later if it will happen again or not. It's kinda random.

Screenshot_449.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom