• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amazon Music HD front end

dpdp

Hi, I have just subscribed to Amazon Music HD, which I am currently listening to from the Amazon app on my all-purpose iMac, connected via usb to my RME ADI-2 DAC; which feeds PMC result6 speakers and 2 REL subwoofers. It already sounds very good. Assuming I switch off all other audio sources from the iMAC is there still a sonic advantage to using a separate dedicated music server or computer?

I imagine this question has already been answered somewhere, but I was unable to find something definitve. Thanks.

OP
D

dpdp

Thanks, that´s what I had thought. Ideally, for ergonomic reasons, I would prefer to use a separate source. For example, I can get a cheap Denon DNP 800 which would feed the DAC via Toslink. Should it sound the same?

Top Bottom