• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aiyima T10

CPTX

I’m looking for a preamp with Bluetooth source that I could connect to a DSP and then to my main amp from the DSP.

The Aiyima T9 pro ($140) here and elsewhere gets praised for its value…..but the T10 ($99) has a dedicated headphone out and RCA pre out while the T9 pro has an AUX out only.

Is the chip set significantly better on the T9pro; or is the price difference of $50 due to supply/demand?

Anyone have the T10? Anyone have experience with both the T10 vs T9?

I have utilized my top tier Google and YouTube skills to evaluate the T10; but hardly any individual detailed reviews or product comparison analysis could be found.

Last edited:
OP
CPTX

CPTX

T10

IMG_6774.jpeg
IMG_6775.jpeg
IMG_6780.jpeg
IMG_6779.jpeg

OP
CPTX

CPTX

I am looking to put this DSP between the preamp and my main amp via RCA.

IMG_6783.jpeg
IMG_6782.jpeg

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
At the combined prices you can almost buy a MiniDSP Flex and have a solution that offers well known good measurements. The Bluetooth input has LDAC, so you get the state of the art there as well.

I have the Flex in my hifi system and the Flex HT on my computer for multichannel (Games and video and such). They are great. You can get a Dirac License which i have tested with the Flex, it's great, but not really necessary.

The T10 and T9 look low quality to me and the tube surely is nothing more than a gimmick.

If the MiniDSP Flex is not your budget, maybe this could be an alternative:

Get a RPi2 or higher and install Moode with CamillaDSP as a streamer. Then get a Topping E30 to use as a "preamp". Add a Fosi V3 stereo amp and you get a lot better fidelity, i think, than the T10 or T9.

If you want to have less boxes, get a Wiim Pro (it has PEQ) and a Fosi V3.

If you want even less boxes, get a Wiim amp.

OP
CPTX

CPTX

Thank you for providing alternative options. Part of my process is to keep the audio components I currently have running. I'm the type to try and get every vehicle I own to 300,000 miles. I'm 50 years old and have only owned three vehicles since turning sixteen (paid for my first one with $3900 I had saved from mowing lawns/working at McDonalds) I still have a thirty year old Onkyo integrated amplifier functional in my home. Part of the display went a bit wonky ten years ago, but I'm able to adjust to that minor degradation.

My last child is leaving our home for University, and I am claiming my office back from our cat....this is just for a small desktop system.
I'll make speaker stands by placing a couple of $10 shoeracks vertically......something like this, just farther away from the wall.

speakerstands.png

Last edited:
OP
CPTX

CPTX

The Aiyima T10 arrived five days ago.....and for $95 Aliworld US dollars it suits my needs perfectly.

All the inputs I desired.....
the USB 2.0 B input from the computer makes Spotify easy without using bluetooth...but there's bluetooth if I ever want to use BT again
Coax in for my Blu Ray DVD player audio (which I also use for CDs).....the HDMI from the DVD player goes to the computer monitor
then I use the RCA out to my five year old Dayton Audio 2.1 amp that I use to run my old passive BIC Venturi V62s (with their treble EQ's down)

I decided to spend $150 on an active Kali Lone Pine 6 V2 instead of DSP.....thought I would enjoy that more than a separate $160 DSP box
So I split off the RCA out with half going to my old Dayton Audio power amp then the other half to the powered Kali LP6 v2.

Gotta say that I am very happy with my decision.

The sound, interface, buttons, and remote are all better than I'd expected for under $100.......yes, the sound improvement is mostly the LP6 v2.....what a great speaker for the money.

OP
CPTX

CPTX

Made a quick seven minute video if anyone is looking at the T10

Top Bottom