• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Advice

zag55

Between Topping L30 and IFI Zen Air Can for Hifiman 400 headphones, which ones would you prefer?

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The L30 is good, but the L30 II is kingpin for IEMs if you ever go to them. The noise floor on both are really silent, so I'd get either of them over the Zen.

staticV3

Master Contributor
For now, I don't know
You can use the iFi's Xbass feature to correct the HE400se's deficient bass response.

In a system where software EQ isn't possible, that feature alone will most likely result in better sound quality.

However, if you're able and willing to apply software EQ via Equalizer APO, SoundSource etc, then the HE400se's frequency response can be corrected much more accurately and Xbass loses its value.

OP
Z

zag55

Now I'm asking you for this too!Between Topping L30 and JDS Atom for Hifiman 400se?

Top Bottom