• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A power consumption question for owners of Luxman integrated amps

sundek

Hello,

I have what might be considered an oddball question for owners of late model Luxman integrated amps: have you observed whether there is a change in your amp's power consumption when the speaker selector switch is set to Off? I am wondering if the power amp section is turned off in this circumstance or if it remains on in a ready state. For example, Luxman's website states that the L-509Z draws 150W "under no signal" and 0.5W on standby. With the speaker output turned off (to use headphones or to use the unit as a preamp) would it still use a minimum of 150W? I would at least imagine that peak consumption would be lower in these cases.

If you've bothered to read this far, thanks for your time! I consider this post a bit of a long shot but worth a try.

-Erik

Top Bottom