• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A dangerous situation need your help

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I feel your pain. I live in pristine wilderness and until 15 years ago had no year round neighbors. The absolute dumbest rock in a box of rocks redneck (maybe my guy and yours related) somehow managed to get into the crappiest little upstream fish shack and shortly after moved a 80's vintage Peavey bar system into his garage with a sub that is just a one note flaaaaab. Now I despise this guy more than most humans because of all the loud toys - ATV, side-by-side, snowmobile, monster truck - year round annoyance. And he knows I despise him.

One day I showed up with my measurement gear and offered to tune his system. He was suspicious but the sight of the gear intrigued him and after I went through some sweeps and white noise was able to tame the worst of his one note sub to at least make it musical with his 32 band EQ.

I still absolutely despise the guy but at least now when he turns it up to "11" I get music instead of blub, blub, blub....

kschmit2

Find an audio track with lots of bass, buy a bass shaker and bolt it to your floor. Make sure the audio track makes ideal use of your bass shaker, if not, find a better suited track. Whenever he stops playing music at night, run your bass shakers at max volume.

The internet has instructions for everything :) https://bbs.boingboing.net/t/the-bu...adget-for-annoying-your-noisy-neighbors/99191 (click "Show Full Post..." near the top)

A more serious reply: don't do what I posted above. Instead you should get a lawyer involved if you cannot talk to your landlord, your neighbor's landlord or your home owners association

OP
T

Tewe

Updated situation:

Since my last post, hyperacusis and, worst, extremely reactive tinnitus. Banshees. Screaming.

Nothing changed, he's not sane, he's someone who speaks ( mostly whoo! whaaa? yoooo.......naaah) at the phone from 10 pm to 2:40 every night and every morning 11 am to 3 pm, with the interesting fact to mention: i don't think the person who talks with has the time to say more than uhm, yea...ahem

I've tried soundcore q45 over ear: no seal without pushing with fingers. Same with qcy H4. Over ear: no go.

Then Liberty 4 NC, extremely comfy earbuds ( mid sized ones, pls if you know similar ones DO LET me know !) : they've switched to "normal" mode from anc every 2-5 seconds. Warranty, then refund.
Now i have a qcy ht05 and a baseus m2s, L white/yellow stem kbear/spinfit M/L/XL tips both as earplugs, no music, just to stop the "808". They do block them 100% with the tips i 've mentioned. They stay connected within 10 m. all good.

Except the tinnitus has gotten to the point where popping a pill from the blister causes a HUGE whip like 12-13k firework, flushing the toilet: earmuffs or else, i eat 2 fried eggs and 3 spoons of mashed potatoes/day, there are zero properties on market which looks like " quiet" and i am mentally blocked and i see no way out

He can easily drop floor /armrest /bed shaking "trap" at random moments, like, when i am exhausted and lie in bed, and i only have a measly ios app that measures the 83hz spike ( one note, flabby. everything is that one note 83 hz).

My interface is antique, a 2i2 1-st gen, I was thinking of buying a microphone and perhaps ask someone to patch a puredata bandpass-detect 83 hz spike- gate to midi cc- bome miditranslator- fire a .wav alert via cc-to-keypress. But i have zero microphone experience.

Also, if someone who has reactive tinnitus/hyperacusis can give me the tiniest ray of hope..... they know all i want is to die. It is how it is. Brush the teeth, spike. All in 1 1/2 months. I thought the ANC will buy me time and they do indeed work flawlessly for the situation, but somehow i still get blasted 10-15 seconds seconds till i reach for them and fit them, so here i am now. Also, liberty4 nc switching to normal mode : the 83 gets amplified 3-4 db, like any over ear non ANC.

When i first posted, i still could listen to my reaper songs, now , at whisper level, huge spike in tinnitus. It's not reacting to anxiety, it reacts to sound only, and it increases 5x fold, and every time reverses to a higher level than before. I always wander if it will reverse at all.

For everyone going through my situation: forget about earmuffs. Cheapest, most stable, biggest battery anc, for cheap( 25$), will save you .

Top Bottom