• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

20 Obscure Hard Rock Albums that will Blow Your Mind! With Spotify playlist!

DanielT

Major Contributor
Here I think was a fun video. Interesting and many good songs! Have you heard of any of the artists before? Mostly songs from the early to mid 1970s.

I made a Spotify playlist. I couldn't find all the artists or the exact disc recommended in the video, but I got most of them. By the way, can you test with the streaming provider you are using. How many of these discs are available with your streaming provider?

Last edited:

Fergy

Love Dillon's videos. Hope to visit his store some day!

Deezer had 17 of these albums. Made a playlist with all 17!

Last edited:
OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
Love Dillon's videos. Hope to visit his store some day!

Deezer had 17 of these albums. Made a playlist with all 17!
Wow, did Deezer have them all?! Hm, I wonder if I missed it when I searched on Spotify? Nevermind. Impressive by Deezer I must say.:)

It's fun to listen to music you've never heard before, I think. It becomes easy otherwise "the old usual" so to say.:)

Edit:

But apparently, at least this one, from the list a rarity:
Screenshot_2022-10-03_102123.jpg

US $750.00?! Could it really be true? Is it that sought after?

Last edited:

Fergy

Daniel...Deezer had 17 out of the 20. The ones Deezer didn't have are...
-Witch "Lazy Bones"
-Night Sun "Mournin"
-Gila
About 25 years ago I found the Warpig record in a store in Hamilton Ontario Canada for $3. It was an original Canadian pressing (they are a Canadian band). But I stupidly traded it a few years later for a bunch of CD's! I have a Canadian pressing of the Night Sun album. I have the Warpig, Andromeda, Parish Hall, Truth & Janey, Socrates, Message and Dias De Blues on CD. I have the Kahvas Jute on a reissue vinyl.

OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
Daniel...Deezer had 17 out of the 20. The ones Deezer didn't have are...
-Witch "Lazy Bones"
-Night Sun "Mournin"
-Gila
About 25 years ago I found the Warpig record in a store in Hamilton Ontario Canada for $3. It was an original Canadian pressing (they are a Canadian band). But I stupidly traded it a few years later for a bunch of CD's! I have a Canadian pressing of the Night Sun album. I have the Warpig, Andromeda, Parish Hall, Truth & Janey, Socrates, Message and Dias De Blues on CD. I have the Kahvas Jute on a reissue vinyl.
All of these records never sold many when they were released in the 1970's. They have become desirable among collectors of hard rock/psych/prog. The ones I have heard are excellent hard rock. Some are comparable to early Zeppelin & Sabbath. An original Belgium pressing of "Irish Coffee" sold for €1,895.00 earlier this year!!

https://www.discogs.com/release/3480875-Irish-Coffee-Irish-Coffee
Collect coveted vinyl. I can definitely sympathize with that interest, that hobby.:)

I definitely get Led Leppelin vibes from a lot of the songs/records in the recommended video.No wonder it was that era.:)

I wonder if the recommended records can be found on Apple music and Qobuz? Amazon music can apparently be tested for free::)
(you can test search a bit but not listen)

OT. In Sweden CDs (yes CDs) Absolute Music 1 and 75 go for $40-50!
$50 for an Absolut Music CD?! I think that completely bananas, but there are apparently collectors for all sorts of things.

Last edited:

Oldasdrt

Thanks a lot for this, it's on my To-do List for sure
Downloaded and converted. loaded up on SD card

Last edited:
Top Bottom