Search results

1. rgpit

DIY triggered ac outlet

I'm using an Aiyima A07 MAX to power a couple of passive subs I've built and would like to turn the Aiyima on/off with the 12v trigger output from my Benchmark DAC2 HGC and AHB2. My plan is to use this solid state relay in an appropriate case. I'd appreciate any tips, recommendations before I...
  2. rgpit

Microphone question

Wondering why test/measurement microphones aren't used more for recording if they "measure" so well?
  3. rgpit

Possible use for unused loudspeakers

Has anyone tried using speakers in cabinets to tame low frequency resonances in a listening room? I have several unused speakers in cabinets and I was thinking of shorting their inputs and placing them in various places in my listening room to act as "acoustic shock absorbers" to help tame room...
  4. rgpit

Active crossover recommendations

I see folks here frequently recommending using a crossover between stand mounted loudspeakers and sub woofer. I've been running my Harbeth Compact 7es-3's full range along with various sub woofers using only low pass filters. I hear the Harbeths straining at higher volumes and now I'd like to...
  5. rgpit

In-flight headphone recommendation

I'm looking for headphone recommendations for use during long air flights. Bluetooth, not too bulky, long battery life, good noise cancellation/isolation, and of course good quality sound. Thanks.
  6. rgpit

Raspberry pi HDMI output

Is the HDMI audio output of a Raspberry pi digital? I'm using Squeezelite running on a pi and want to use the pi's HDMI output into an HDMI input of a home theater receiver and use it's internal DAC.
  7. rgpit

Raspberry pi4 and picoreplayer

Anyone using the USB audio out on a Raspberry pi4 running picoreplayer? I'm having trouble getting the USB audio out to work. No problem with analog out. I've set the output to USB in Squeezelite setting but still no audio.
  8. rgpit

Digital transports for streaming

I use Logitech Media Server to stream most of my music and I’m trying to decide whether to use a microRendu, ultraRendu, or a Raspberry P4 as a digital transport for the USB input of my DAC2HGC. I haven’t been able to come up with a compelling reason to choose one over another since there is...
  9. rgpit

Class D AVR

Are there any current Class D AVRs out there? If not, why not? Panasonic had some many years ago.
  10. rgpit

Wired network question

I was wondering if any of the audio/networking experts might answer this question. I stream music from a Windows 10 machine using Squeezebox LMS via ethernet. I'm using 2 network switches, one connected to my cable modem and several other devices that include a microRendu in squeezebox mode...
  11. rgpit

Amplifier power question

Okay, I have a question regarding amplifier power. Even though an amp has enough power to produce your desired listening level, would a higher powered amplifier add to the sound quality? My non-technical thought is that the extra power allows the amp to “start and stop” the larger drivers faster...
  12. rgpit

Power amp delemma

My Harbeth C7es3 loudspeaker's rated efficiency is 86db 1W @ 1meter and rated at handling 150W program. I'm currently using a Benchmark AHB2 power amp which I really like. I've been thinking about adding a second AHB2 and running the two as mono blocks. I don't want to waste money if there isn't...
  13. rgpit

DAC / Preamps

Other than the Benchmark DAC3 HGC and DAC3 L, are there any other decent DAC/Preamp combos with analog inputs?
  14. rgpit

Electrical vs Acoustic Measurements.

Please bear with me as I'm not an electrical or acoustic engineer and only know enough to be dangerous. I've been thinking about loudspeaker measurement and the objective vs subjective points of view. I'd like to present the following for discussion: As I understand it, the electrical...
  15. rgpit

PROZOR 192KHz DAC

Amazon sells the PROZOR 192KHz DAC for $12.46. It has both SPDIF and TOSLINK inputs and both RCA and headphone outputs. It uses the CS8416 Chipset. Just wondering if anyone has tried or tested it? Here is the link to the Amazon product page...
Top Bottom