• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Raspberry pi4 and picoreplayer

rgpit

Forum Donor
Anyone using the USB audio out on a Raspberry pi4 running picoreplayer? I'm having trouble getting the USB audio out to work. No problem with analog out. I've set the output to USB in Squeezelite setting but still no audio.

Daverz

Major Contributor
Anyone using the USB audio out on a Raspberry pi4 running picoreplayer? I'm having trouble getting the USB audio out to work. No problem with analog out. I've set the output to USB in Squeezelite setting but still no audio.

What's the DAC? What do your squeezelite settings look like? Can you post a screenshot from your piCorePlayer squeezelite settings page?

EDIT: OK, I see your sig now. A Benchmark DAC. Would assume that would work fine.

Try clearing the squeezelite output entry and (with your DAC on and connected) restarting squeezelite. Then you should be able to click on "More" after the output entry and get a listing of options for your DAC. You want to select (usually) the one that looks like "hw:CARD=Audio,DEV=0". "CARD" might be somehting more specific (for my Topping E30, for example, it's "CARD=E30"). Then restart squeezelite again.

Last edited:
OP
rgpit

rgpit

Forum Donor
Depends on your DAC, there are various options to select from:

https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home/List-of-USB-DACs

in the USB Audio settings the PI suggests possible options to try

I was using an older Aune USB DAC and couldn't get the pi USB output to work with it. However when I tried it using my Benchmark DAC2HGC USB input it worked fine. I was surprised that the USB pi output functionality is dependent on the DAC you're using.

GeorgeWalk

I have used Pi4 with piCorePlayer with Topping D10s, Topping D90, Topping D50s, and the DAC in my Parasound preamp. All USB with no issues. Did you reboot with the device plugged in after setting "USB audio" setting?

GeorgeWalk

How old is the Aune DAC? Maybe it has a marginal USB implementation?

OP
rgpit

rgpit

Forum Donor
OP
rgpit

rgpit

Forum Donor
I have used Pi4 with piCorePlayer with Topping D10s, Topping D90, Topping D50s, and the DAC in my Parasound preamp. All USB with no issues. Did you reboot with the device plugged in after setting "USB audio" setting?

I sure did. I'll try some of the settings in the link c3pored provided.

OP
rgpit

rgpit

Forum Donor
Top Bottom