Search results

1. bogart

Borrow Neumann MA-1 Kit - Canada?

Greetings - post title says it. I'm considering a set of KH 120 II's and wanted to know whether there's anyone Toronto / GTA local who can loan an MA-1 kit. Once set up, I don't expect to reset them, and haven't found anyone who rents the kit. Curious whether there's anyone who can help if I...
  2. bogart

Sound on Royal Caribbean's Wonder of the Sea

I recently took a one-week sailing in the Caribbean on RC's "Wonder of the Sea." As the largest ship currently sailing, it's really impressive all around. For anyone who cares, I can go into great detail about the many nice amenities. However, my reason for posting is the jaw-dropping audio...
  3. bogart

A classified ad that turned my head

While looking through the Canuck Audio mart ads, I found a fascinating ad that has me scratching my head. Effectively, the seller seems to run 4+ logitech 'desktop' 5.1 systems in parallel. I'm not sure if the room photos are for display or if they actually use a six-subwoofer stack. They...
  4. bogart

REW and "Sub" Integration - what's your take?

A friend had an extremely cheap "subwoofer" going spare in his basement and suggested I try using it with my desktop speakers (Era Design 5). I'm using miniDSP 2x4HD to do crossovers and such, but tried 'wide open' measurements on L, R and sub. I matched the sub to the speakers by ear, and we're...
  5. bogart

Desktop audio improvements

An expected continued shift towards working at home has me slowly improving my desk for extended use. My first step was to build a desk worth sitting at all day! Having completed that step, I'm interested in thoughts on how to get great results, and a few questions have left me scratching my...
  6. bogart

Advice: Measuring and Learning REW

I've acquired my UMIK and taken my first shots at measuring with eventual intent to use a MiniDSP 2x4HD to improve sound in my living room. This is largely for fun and learning at this stage, but I'm also trying to see whether the pair of speakers I have 'going spare' for this room are worth...
  7. bogart

Please delete.

Items sold off-site, please remove.
  8. bogart

Sonos Port (Subjectivist) Review in TechHive [trigger warning]

The review linked below had some interesting information about the performance of the new Sonos Port that was interesting (e.g. dropouts when streaming from line-in), together with some informative feature discussions. Then it devolves into an indictment of the sound quality that is so badly...
  9. bogart

Philharmonic Audio BMR Speaker Discussion

All the talk on the Affordable Accuracy Monitor thread about the BMR piqued my curiosity and got me reading about this very interesting speaker. It seems to have a really excellent reputation and measures very well. This has also been my introduction to @Dennis Murphy - I'm so grateful for folks...
  10. bogart

Turntables with integrated phono stage

A very cynical side of me assumes that the phono stages that get built in to turntables are probably not fantastic. But are they worse than a $99 box like a Pro-Ject? I realize there's no "upgrade path" on something integrated, but if we concede that they're a fun way to listen at lower...
  11. bogart

New member in Canada

Greetings all, I'm a new member based in Toronto! I haven't searched through the forum for my neighbours just yet, but I'd imagine I'm not the only one. I'm trained as an Industrial Engineer and have pursued a career in data analytics and operations research. My professional career is probably...
  12. bogart

Living Room System Design // Any experience with the Nuprime HPA-9?

Greetings all, I should really post an introduction post before an asking-for-help post... but I guess I'll do this out of order today! First - a quick thanks to everyone for the spirited and well informed discussion that takes place on these boards. It's a joy to read and challenge some...
Top Bottom