Search results

1. J

Mid-to-high end receivers without cooling fans?

Looking through the current products, it seems like Denon, Marantz, Pioneer, Onkyo, Integra, Sony etc receivers all seem to have cooling fans on their mid to high end models? Is Yamaha the only company left that has a fanless design (i.e. the A6A and A8A?). Unfortunately I can't get over the...
  2. J

Stacking DC Blockers?

In my bedroom my amplifier keeps shutting down. I've tried 6 different receivers (of different models and brands) and they all have this problem. Basically after idling for about 3-4 hours or so, they go into protection mode and shut down randomly. Sometimes this happens during playback, but...
  3. J

Cal Audio Show 2023 (9/22 - 9/24)

It looks like for those in the Bay Area, Cal Audio Show has returned after a hiatus of 3 years. https://www.dagogo.com/2023-california-audio-show-main/
  4. J

Worth Repairing Old Receiver? 12 year old Yammy

I have a Yamaha RX-A3000 receiver circa 2010 that has developed a high pitched whine out of its internals, I guess it's some kind of coil whine. This was the flagship receiver at the time. The issue is not only is it loud (audible from about 6 feet away), it's also a variable sound so it draws...
  5. J

D'Appolito Style Coaxial vs Single Woofer (R2C vs R3)

Seeing as how the Genelec The Ones and Paradigm's Founder series also use this D'appolito style coaxial design, I wonder how would a pair of KEF R2Cs work as vertical mains instead of R3s? Also would there be any deleterious side effects (lobing?) if used this way? Would this be "more of a point...
  6. J

Earpad Rolling

Does anyone do custom earpad mods? Use aftermarket earpads? I'm usually an HD800 user but I bought a used Focal Elex. The stock earpads are too small for my ears as I prefer larger pads like the HD800. I am playing around with 3d printed earpad adapters and so far I have tried the Dan Clark...
Top Bottom