Search results

1. PappyBlue

FS/CAN-US : exaSound E28 MKII multichannel DAC

8 channel exaSound DAC in good condition with mini-XLR output. Includes original box and remote (apple). The remote is a bit worn out but the DAC can be programmed to learn any remote. Asking 1 100 $ US including shipping (US or Canada only).
  2. PappyBlue

FS: Arcam Solo Uno - 475 $ shipped

I am selling my Arcam Solo Uno amplifier/streamer. It's in great condition, I only used it a few times in my bedroom system. I'm selling it because my wife doesn't want a bedroom system anymore ... Google Cast, AirPlay 2, Roon Ready, UPnP Streamer, MQA 25wpc into 8 Ohms (50 wpc into 4 Ohms)...
  3. PappyBlue

Artists you like who are famous in your country but who are virtually unknown to the rest of the world

When I visit a new country, I like to discover new musical artists. Most of the time, these artists are famous in their country, but are virtually unknown to the rest of the world. Who are your favorite artists who are famous in your country and who deserve to be known around the world ? Please...
  4. PappyBlue

FS : Wadia A315 Power Amplifier (Ncore)

I'm selling my Wadia A315 class D power amplifier. It provides 150 watts per channel at 8 ohms or 250 watts per channel at 4 ohms. BHK Labs Measurements: Wadia a315 Stereo Amplifier Power output Power output at 1% THD+N: 164.7W @ 8 ohms, 302.4W @ 4 ohms Power output at 10% THD+N: 230.0W @ 8...
  5. PappyBlue

JBL L100 Classic stands

My JBL L100 Classic are sitting on the recommended JBL JS-120 stands. According to marketing litterature : "Exclusively designed to accommodate JBL L100 Classic speakers, the steel JS-120 stands offer dedicated support and place the speakers at an optimal position. Specifically, the low-profile...
  6. PappyBlue

Linton Heritage 85th Anniversary - Tweeter problem ?

I just received a pair of Wharfedale Linton Heritage 85th Anniversary that I ordered a while ago. When I first started listening to them, something sounded very wrong on some tracks, particularly electric guitars. I took some measurements in REW. Nothing seemed wrong, but then I checked the...
  7. PappyBlue

SOLD: Devialet 200 (CONUS & Canada)

I am offering my Devialet 200 for sale. Condition is very good, 8/10. Very slight scratch on top of unit but it is not very visible. Works flawlessly. $2950, including Paypal and shipping to CONUS and Canada. Item will ship from Quebec, Canada. Include : Remote Power cable White gloves (!)...
  8. PappyBlue

Liquid Pre Preamplifier

Wow, this is seriously crazy! Teo Audio Liquid Pre The Liquid Pre is a purist’s dream: a passive preamplifier with only an input selector and volume control, using the highest quality input and output connectors, and eschewing the use of transformers. Transformers are not necessary in this...
  9. PappyBlue

Naim sound

In the last 2-3 years, I've had different amplifiers and integrated amplifiers in my system : Moon i5.3, Musical Fidelity M6i, Hegel H160, Devialet 120, Exposure 3010S2, HK 990, Cambridge Audio 851W, Adcom GFA 555SE, Class D Audio SDS 470C, Sony TA A1ES. I never did any DBT to compare these amps...
  10. PappyBlue

Can Dirac make things worst ?

For the first time, I did measurement to see what Dirac correction did ... Green line is the response without Dirac correction, purple line is with Dirac "Auto target" correction. To get rid of a peak it creates a big dip between 60 - 100 hz. I tried to manually adjust the Dirac curve like...
  11. PappyBlue

Three way speakers - ideal listening distance (?)

I've been using a pair of Dynaudio Focus 220 mkii for the past year and really enjoyed them. The upgrade bug bit me and I recently purchased a used pair of Dynaudio Focus 340, a three way speakers. I have a large open space room (living room + dining room + kitchen + hallway) so I tought the...
  12. PappyBlue

Preamplifier input & output gain / power amplifier input sensitivity

I use a Exposure 3010S2 preamplifier with a Class D Audio SDS 470C power amplifier. Source is RME ADI-2 DAC (set to 0 db +7 dbu). The SDS 470C has adjustable input gain and it's input sensitivity is 2V. The Exposure 3010S2 has 2V RMS output level. I have set the input gain on the SDS 470C to...
  13. PappyBlue

Small PC vs streamer

I am currently using a small computer (Asus Vivo PC, similar to an Intel NUC) connected via USB to my Cambridge Audio 851D DAC. The "music server" is a desktop located in another room, running Jriver (the Vivo PC is also running Jriver). Could a music streamer (like a BlueSound Node or a...
Top Bottom