Search results

1. M

Is this normal on FFT meter?

Recently got the new Topping D70 Pro, and plugged my Genelec speakers to it. Everything working great, but I noticed the new FFT meter is always showing the first 3 bars? Is this normal? I’m using USB to my PC but even if I pick something that I’m not using like Coax or OPT, the bars are still...
  2. M

DAC to AMP through RCA Question

Hello, Quick question; so I see that there's multiple ways of connecting a DAC to an AMP, through XLR, and through RCA. My question is, if I plug them through RCA, will only certain outputs work? The reason I ask is because I always had my DAC + AMP connected through XLR and worked no issues...
  3. M

Dac/Amp question with Genelec Speakers.

Hello, I'm just looking to understand a little how this works, I currently have Genelec 8020 speakers which have Built-In AMPs, and they're plugged to a Topping Dx7 Pro Dac/Amp. So since the Genelecs have built-in AMPs, is my Dx7 Pro working only as a DAC for them? Would it be better (If any...
  4. M

Audio Questions & Troubleshoot

Hello, I've been running a Topping DX7 Pro with Genelec speakers for quite some time now, no issues. About a week ago I built a new PC, and I basically just connected the USB cable from the Topping DX7 Pro to the new PC and installed the drivers. So everything works, sound is fine, but I'm...
  5. M

Got new speakers, how to make my setup work?

Hello, I currently have a Topping DX7 Pro with a Monoprice THX 887 Headphone amp, connected through XLR, and I recently bought a set of Genelec 8020's along with a 7040 Sub. So I'm not sure how to connect all of this together? Speakers are on the way, and I think they'll connect to my Topping...
  6. M

Neumann KH 80 + Sub for PC?

Hello, I've been looking into the Neumann KH 80 DSP, along with their 750 Subwoofer, but I don't know if I'd be able to plug them to my Topping DX7 Pro and get normal audio out of my PC or do I require anything special? I've used a pair of Corsair speakers for years so I'm not sure if these...
  7. M

USB Cable from DAC/AMP to PC

Hello, I was wondering if the USB Cable from the DAC/AMP to the PC has to be a certain length? I was trying to find it again but I think I read somewhere that the cable should be of a maximum length or it would have a negative effect on performance? Is this true? Or can I connect like a 1.5...
  8. M

DX7 Pro + THX 887, Am I connecting things right?

Hello guys, So I finally got a chance to install my new Topping DX7 Pro along with the Monolith THX 887. Ok so both units are connected through XLR Cables, no issues here, I plug my headphones on the balanced port on the front of the THX, all perfect. But here's the question; I also use PC...
  9. M

Schiit Jotunheim + PS4 Pro?

Hello, Currently I'm using a Schiit Jotunheim for my PC. I have my speakers plugged to it through RCA, and my Headphones through Balance XLR. I want to play with my PS4 on my PC monitor, but I can't figure out how to get the Audio from my speakers. PS4 Pro has Optical Out and I read that you...
  10. M

RME DAC Question

Hello, This is my first post here. I’ve been reading through Amir’s reviews the past few days while looking into what I should get. For the past few years I’ve been using the Schiit Jotunheim with Focal Elex headphones, but I recently got the THX 789 so I would like to purchase a balanced DAC...
Top Bottom