• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Got new speakers, how to make my setup work?

MarioSH

Hello,

I currently have a Topping DX7 Pro with a Monoprice THX 887 Headphone amp, connected through XLR, and I recently bought a set of Genelec 8020's along with a 7040 Sub.

So I'm not sure how to connect all of this together? Speakers are on the way, and I think they'll connect to my Topping through XLR, but then I'd be leaving out my Amp? Or am I confusing this all?

If I'm looking at this right, is there a way to make all of this work? Or do I need separate equipment for each thing?

Thank you.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Typically you'd do DX7 Pro -> XLR -> Genelec 7040 -> XLR -> Genelec 8020D.

If you want to have both your speakers and your THX headphone Amp plugged into the DX7 Pro at the same time, then you'd have to use an XLR splitter or XLR switcher like the MC103.

OP
M

MarioSH

Thank you! Perfect. I'll get that ordered.

EDIT: If you don't mind, would you explain where the Switcher would go? I'm guessing DX7 Pro > XLR > Switcher and then from there to Amp and to 7040?

Top Bottom