Search results

1. Presently42

New Beatles Song!

I thought I'd link the new Beatles song, which came out today: it's pretty good!
  2. Presently42

Album of the Year

Is there interest in having an ASR Album of the Year award? Perhaps for different genres, if there's interest? Ranked choice ballot? Jurors - or everyone can vote for anything? Discuss!
  3. Presently42

Anti-War Songs

In light of Ukraina recently getting invaded by Russia, I thought perhaps now might be a nice time to share good anti-war music. I'll start with a song by Russian rock group DDT, entitled Ne strelyai (Don't Shoot). Lyrics can be read here. They're pretty powerful, so do give them a read.
  4. Presently42

An ASR Choir and Ensemble?

Is there any interest in forming an online ASR choir and orchestral ensemble? Ever since the plague began, I've not been able to sing or conduct as I normally do; and I've had a strong itch for some time now. I suspect, that there are several musicians on the site: perhaps some would like to...
  5. Presently42

Thank You

I just finished listening to Reich's Music for 18 Musicians, a piece with which I'm very familiar: I've heard it many, many times; have had the score in my hand - and even played through it on piano. But tonight was different; transcendental . This is why we audiophiles spend time on this forum...
  6. Presently42

Windows Setting Changes Frequency Response

I first noticed something was amiss, when I measured my new JBL A130, and saw a bizarrely similar frequency response (fr) to what my old Technics SB-P1000 were producing. The measurements also didn't correlate nicely with what'd been measured here. Fast forward a while and much exasperaish...
  7. Presently42

I've Been Deceived!

Honestly, just venting a bit. I figured, that at the least, a bunch of audiophiles would be able to commiserate. I bought a Rythmik Audio LV12 off ebay, based on the review here of the similar L12 - the V stands for vented. The ad said, that it had "Great Sound" and was in used condition, but...
  8. Presently42

On Group Delay and Spatial Effects

Er, actually, this thread should probably be in the psychoacoustics area. Can a mod move it? Introduction and observation: Following the fairly well received post on the relationship between group delay and spatial effects in headphones, I thought I'd start a new thread on the matter, gathering...
Top Bottom