• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Thank You

Presently42

I just finished listening to Reich's Music for 18 Musicians, a piece with which I'm very familiar: I've heard it many, many times; have had the score in my hand - and even played through it on piano. But tonight was different; transcendental . This is why we audiophiles spend time on this forum; why we spend so much time and money getting excellent equipment, setting it up just so: because the results move us. Perhaps I can make my system better: the sub is probably not absolutely perfectly integrated; the room is barely treated; and the avr and dac aren't the best. But ye gods, I've listened to this piece on thousand dollar plus headphones - yet I've never been so affected.

And it's all thanks to researchers like @Floyd Toole and @Sean Olive, reviewers like @amirm, many under-appreciated engineers - and this site. I've learned here what to buy and how to use it - and occasionally, when I'm very lucky, I'm be able to share what I've learnt with other.

Thank you so very much.

Top Bottom