Search results

1. R

Theory Audio?

Anyone have experience with or measurements of Theory Audio products? Considering on/in walls for HT build.
  2. R

Ariatechnik speakers?

Has anyone heard of this company or its products? No mention anywhere on this site or the AVS forum, or anywhere on the web. The only description of their "technology" is this: "Wave Synergy™ Characteristic of the Ariatechnik Wave Synergy™ loudspeaker design is that it presents a large...
  3. R

Using a Stereo Input Ceiling speaker for both Surround and Atmos channel

A lot of companies make stereo input ceiling speakers that have two tweeters, each for a separate channel. They are typically used where you have limited space, but want 2 channel sound. Products like JBL Arena 6ICDT, Focal 100 IC 6-ST etc. Instead of using for L/R, what would the result be...
  4. R

Golden Trapagon: Ideal vs Reality?

I'm about to embark on the design of HT in a house we're remodeling. I've got plenty of room for a decent size and design (at least 10x6x23, room within a room, etc.). Searching the net, there's lots of sites that assert that the Golden Trapagon is the preferred shape. Few of these sites are...
  5. R

Speaker Spikes vs Isolation: An Investigation

While my wife is busy sewing up masks using layers of cotton, scavenged HEPA material from vacuum cleaner bags, and other filter media, I decided to investigate the spikes vs isolation question. I have no expertise here, just curiosity. My speakers are BG Radia 520s (planar magnetic), running...
  6. R

How about a live tutorial on REW?

Sad to say, it took a pandemic for me to finally get around to measuring my room with REW. Better late than never. I read Amir's tutorials, as well as watched many vids on YT regarding the same, but as this is still new, I'm not sure I'm doing it right, and I'm certainly not exploiting anywhere...
  7. R

A path to Dirac live: used NAD T785 plus MDC module?

There's a used T785 on audiogon. Add the AM 230 and VM 130 modules and you have DL and Atmos for about $1800 plus future upgrade paths. That's far less than any other current AVR with DL. Thoughts? Do I have to call dibs so one of you doesn't snap it up? :).
  8. R

Test Amazon Echo Dot?

Given the prevalence of the Echo Dots, it would be great to see a review? I have both Gen 2 and Gen 3 versions I can send in of Amir is interested.
  9. R

JBL-Leviton architectural speakers?

JBL sells their Arena in walls under the Leviton brand for a bit less than Arena. https://www.ebay.com/itm/164036170528 I'm considering these for HT front channels and the corresponding 6.5 for ceiling and surrounds. Thoughts?
Top Bottom