Search results

1. B

Companies that produce midrange ribbon drivers?

Having a difficult time finding companies that produce midrange ribbon drivers. Would be even happier if the suggestions were sub-300, but at the moment don't really care. Thanks!
  2. B

Is it ok to have error in frequency response?

I am learning how to use VituixCad and have set up a project where the frequency response/impedance chart have been traced using the SPL trace tool. But no matter what values I set for the frequency reference points, or if I use log f axis, it has an incorrect frequency. Is this OK as long as...
  3. B

Ear/head tracking speakers to help against off-axis problems?

Why has this not been invented (or been popularized)?
  4. B

How are Beyma drivers?

How are the Beyma drivers against other mid-range options (Scanspeak for example). Also, where and how do I buy them in the US? I normally buy from Madisound Speaker Store and Parts Express, but both seem to lack drivers from Beyma.
  5. B

Software to design and simulate reflection/diffraction of sound waves on different shapes?

If there aren't any, are there any papers/links to information about reflecting with different shapes and how they may affect different sound properties? (ie. frequency response, off-axis measurements, etc.)
  6. B

Flipping my 2-way desktop speakers vertical makes them sound way better??

Had the fun idea of flipping my desktop speakers on their backs and it somehow made them sound better (bigger soundstage maybe)??? I'm assuming this is a result of the port facing downwards as opposed to them shooting backwards and therefore adding more to the low end. Anyone else have...
  7. B

Clear/Transparent sound dampening?

I'm planning to make a speaker cabinet out of plexiglass, and have run into an issue. Is there an internal sound-dampening solution (eg. polyfill) that is visually clear or transparent? If there isn't one truly effective solution, is internal reflection truly as bad as people describe it to be...
Top Bottom