Search results

1. M

Real-time bidirectional 96Khz-48Khz conversion with low latency

Hi! I am looking to build a quite complex guitar studio system and have a question on SPDIF/AES connectivity. So, I have RME UFX+ as my main audio interface, which I run at 96Khz sample rate. It has SPDIF, AES/EBU, Adat, MADI connectors. I am looking to buy Fractal Audion Axe-FX III guitar...
  2. M

New Amphion One25a Active monitors

But non of the speakers, you mentioned claimed the same frequency response, especially in a sealed box. Perhaps that results with a price difference. You can go with a separate sub of course, but it's a question of whether it's a valid comparison. Nevertheless, would love to see it tested too.
  3. M

From what you wrote it seems like you just don't like having the bass extension. Looking at Genelecs offering of 8351b and W371 Stereo System, where 8351b are placed on top, they are several times bigger and much more expensive. Comparing to Neumann KH420 that play down to 26Hz, their size is...
  4. M

It's right in the quote: "with isolated bass and midrange chambers to minimize acoustic cross-coupling and provide superior resolution and clarity.” Perhaps it's an isolation channel with some dumpening material in it. To avoid hard link between the chambers they put a grill on a front which...
  5. M

Interesting, thanks for the correction. One25a seems to be a sealed box though.
  6. M

I wouldn't call it nonsense, it's just a not scientific term for sure, but people are just trying to explain what they hear. E.g. if you turn the attack knob on your compressor and are able to hear the results immediately as day and night, or, the opposite, you barely hear what has changed, it...
  7. M

Not sure what you mean by that post, or it's like "there is no such thing"? How would you characterize the difference between a sealed box vs ported speakers in that case?
  8. M

Well, the need for an SPL cushion depends on how you plan to use it. I am looking to use it for mixing, so it's not that critical to have them crazy loud. Honestly, I was looking to buy 8361A and didn't want to bother with a subwoofer, so the bottom-end extension was pretty critical. Now I am...
  9. M

-22Hz-22kHz -3dB with a sealed box -- mind blowing!
Top Bottom