Search results

1. Saturn94

Break from Tekton Thread

Same here.
  2. Saturn94

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

I’ve wondered, what kind of room does Kipple use in it’s PIR modeling? Is there some kind of average room model it uses? Thanks. (my apologies for straying off topic)
  3. Saturn94

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

OMG, too funny! :D
  4. Saturn94

Recommend replacement cable for Drop + DCA Aeon Closed X headphones?

I went ahead and ordered a cable from Hart which arrived today. As @Chester mentioned, it is a bit more microphonic than the stock cable, but not so bad it detracts too much while music is playing. The cable is also thinner than I expected from the pictures; not that it really matters to me...
  5. Saturn94

Is microphonic enough to be really annoying in your experience?
  6. Saturn94

Best headphones in the $500-$800ish range?

A year ago I bought the Drop + Dan Clark Audio Aeon X Closed and a JDS Atom+ amp. I’m still thrilled with this combo!
  7. Saturn94

The cable that came with my Drop+DCA Aeon Closed X headphones is too short, so I’ve been using a cable extension. The connector on the cable extension is now failing. I’m thinking instead of buying another cable extension I would just by a longer replacement cable to eliminate the extension as...
  8. Saturn94

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

Drop + DCA Aeon Closed X Headphones (based on ASR review of RT Aeon) JDS Labs Atom Amp+ headphone amp A year later, I’m still thrilled with the performance of this combo! :)
  9. Saturn94

A Call For Humor!

Lol. I had a pair of those Panasonic Thrusters back around 1980. They came with one of those cheap all-in-one stereo sets (turntable, tuner, cassette player, amp/controls all in one unit) which I‘m sure cost much less than the asking price in that ad. If you look at the label, you will notice...
  10. Saturn94

Harman acquires Roon

https://blog.roonlabs.com/roon-labs-and-harman-international-unveil-groundbreaking-nucleus-titan-at-ces-2024/ Starting at $3699. No thanks.
  11. Saturn94

Magnepan LRS Speaker Review

Unfortunately, I don’t have any experience with external crossovers/filters. Check out this thread. It might be helpful. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/fmod-high-pass-filters.18190/
  12. Saturn94

It doesn’t appear that preamp offers any bass management or a high pass filter. I believe you can buy external high pass filters that you can connect between your preamp and amp so a full range signal isn’t sent to the LRS.
  13. Saturn94

Good point. I should have clarified the use of a high pass (as well as low pass) filter in my posts.
  14. Saturn94

Of course what you like to play and how loud you like it is a factor as well. If you like bass heavy music played loud, a higher crossover frequency would be better. If your taste is chamber music at lower levels, then you can get away with, and may even prefer, a lower crossover frequency...
  15. Saturn94

Sure, give it a try. There is no one perfect setting. It’s going to vary depending on one’s setup/room.
  16. Saturn94

80hz works well in my system. You’ll have to experiment to see what works best in your system, but as mentioned, 80hz is a good place to start.
  17. Saturn94

Harman acquires Roon

We would likely be SOL. :(
  18. Saturn94

SACD ripping using Blu-Ray player

Ah, I see. I’ll check it out. Thanks.
Top Bottom