Search results

1. ajax247

Topping A70 Pro HP & Preamp Review

Topping took a couple weeks, but did ask me to return my defective A70 Pro, and followed up promptly by sending me a refurbished unit. So happy to have it back! Audio bliss... Hope it lasts!
  2. ajax247

Alas, my A70 Pro suddenly started clicking -- really sounded like it was switching input source for a small fraction of a second -- every 5 seconds or so. That was in PRE output mode. Switching to HPA or HPA+PRE modes made the problem go away for a few days. I emailed Apos and Topping, and...
  3. ajax247

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Sunny Southern California!
  4. ajax247

Poll: How do you primarily listen to audio at home?

My "Other" system is 4.1, with 2 Philharmonic BMRs in the main listening area, 2 ELAC DBR62s in the contiguous kitchen area, with a SVS 3000 Micro sub pointing into both. Audio solution for an open-architecture midcentury modern residence!
  5. ajax247

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

>>At the moment, I am the happy owner of the best amplifier to date (LA90), and living in fear of the possible failure of this excellent device: I changed the speakers to 4-ohm ones (from 6-ohm ones) and the amplifier became one Celsius degree hotter! Is there an explanation for this phenomenon...
  6. ajax247

I measured 10 subwoofers.

Beautiful. Thanks again!
  7. ajax247

I expect you gave your speaker choice a lot of thought. Are they DIY as well? 2-way, 3-way, monitor or larger? Sorry to ask so many questions, but your work is very impressive. Thanks for sharing!!!
  8. ajax247

A most elegant setup! Did you use Dirac or similar to set the frequency response of the speakers and subs? For a front-of-the-room seating position?
  9. ajax247

Are they radiating upward then? Your room -- acoustic tile, and very nice wooden structures as sound absorbers or mode eaters?
  10. ajax247

Excellent work! How do you drive it? Does your amp have a mono out for a subwoofer? Are you using MiniDSP or similar to shape the frequency response? How did you blend the response with your main speakers?
  11. ajax247

I've owned speakers by.....

Zenith record player KLH FM radio dbx SF1500 from 1987 -- just gave these away Klipsch ??? -- garage speakers MartinLogan 4 (retired) Revel M105 -- for our farmhouse ELAC DBR62 -- kitchen speakers Philharmonic BMR Monitors -- DIY, mains
  12. ajax247

Ask me questions.

Recent news articles suggest that government pressure is being exerted to encourage even folks in private companies to disengage from conversations with foreigners. I really appreciate the cheerful, frank and open comments @JohnYang1997 has shared with us, but that might be all, folks.
  13. ajax247

Ask me questions.

A month in and all is well...
  14. ajax247

New Hypex Nilai500DIY modules )

^^ what @AndreaT said! A few months in and my Nilai amp -- the stereo version -- is working great. Can't leave it alone...!
  15. ajax247

Ask me questions.

Just received mine. Sounds great so far!
  16. ajax247

Philharmonic Ceramic Mini (review and measurements by Erin)

And me! I just built a pair of v1 BMR monitors, and they have replaced my M105s. Which replaced my 35 year old dbx SF1500s, very wide dispersion speakers by design. I missed that! And I have it back with the BMRs, along with way cleaner sound.
  17. ajax247

I've been running an A70 Pro, EXT90 extender, D70 Pro stack for a while now. I use the A70 as a headphone amp, and as a preamp feeding both a Hypex Nilai 250 Stereo amp in our living room and my old Onkyo TX8555 for speakers in an adjacent area. I've been quite happy with the performance of this...
  18. ajax247

Chord Poly / Chord 2go equivalent with a Raspberry Pi?

Thanks, @AdamG247! Happy to donate. Getting what I pay for!
  19. ajax247

Chord Poly / Chord 2go equivalent with a Raspberry Pi?

The Brennan B2 has brought me back to audio. Ripping all my CDs was easy -- then I started on my LPs. Rediscovering faves from long long ago!
Top Bottom