Search results

1. S

DIY / low budget experiment to physically controll the listening zone - hierarchy of need for stereo setup

My room is rectangular at 6.5m (length) x 4m (width) x 2.4m (height). Because of doors, windows and access, i need to use this the 'wrong way'. That is, the speakers are along the long wall and I sit opposite against the rear long wall. Speakers are about 2m each from their nearest side...
  2. S

Listening via Android Auto (in the car)

I have an older Sony phone with 1GB microSD card and this has USB out to my car for android auto. Works perfectly for my local flac files and Qobuz via my phone. Phone needs replacing and not many new phones have MicroSD AND are desirable. I tried an external SSD via OTG cable splitter, but car...
  3. S

Windows PEQ with Logitec Media Server

Advice request please. Does anyone know if PEACE / EqualizerAPO works inline with my Windows 11 Logitec Media Server / player setup? Importantly. I want to avoid resampling, other than the obvious PEQ changes. I use the USB out to my SMSL DAC. I play mainly flac files with a good proportion of...
  4. S

Advice for Windows 11 digital only 2.1 audio software to USB DAC

I'm moving from RPi4 / PiCoreplayer to a one minibox Windows 11 setup to cover both my music and my film needs (USB - DAC / PreAmp - Poweramp - stereo speakers and powered sub. So far, itcs been almost too easy Have set up LMS with 'local player' plugin. "Exclusive" output to my DAC via USB...
  5. S

PEQ Sennheiser HD560S vs upgrade to Sundara or Edition XS, or other HP

I'm using Senheiser HD560s via UAPP with Oratory or Crinacle PEQ.through E1DA9038D DAC/amp. It really is a marvellous listening experience. Using model specific PEQs, would HiFiman Sundara (£300), Edition XS (£430) or any other headphone up to about that £400ish price range be superior and if so...
  6. S

Do I need to upgrade E1DA 9038D - Getting into headphones / IEMs

I am hoping for experience or views on upgrade options. Have been using E1DA 9038D dongle DAC with Sennheiser HD560S for 2 years. They sound good but I have no other frame of reference. Looking at upgrade options, I have a spare Topping E50 DAC. I am torn between buying the Topping G5...
  7. S

How best (which) to DSP for 2.1 setup with SMSL DAC/preamp into Audiophonics poweramp.

Currently my SMSL SU-10 DAC is also the preamp for my Audiophonics HPA S400ET poweramp via balanced connection. Powered sub is KEF KC62, fed by unbalanced output from SMSL. My room has a floor to ceiling glass wall & patio doors to entire left side. WAF precludes most acoustic treatment. Looking...
  8. S

DAC / Preamp after failure of Topping D90SE at 82 days

Advice please on which SMSL DAC / Preamp to choose. The SU10, or the D400EX, or the D400ES, or other of similar capability. Great XLR output quality (power & SINAD) highest priority. LDAC is desireable but not essential. Two Topping failures in less than 8 months makes me nervous, so a company...
  9. S

Why buy DAC with higher measurements?

ASR reviews for DACs often capture "beyond hearing threshold'. We each are susceptible to psychoacoustics. For amps, we select from measurements, power and use features. For DACs in the 'Blue' zone of highly rated, why would we select one that has the higher cost, assuming features not...
  10. S

Will Audiophonics HPA S400ET be an improvement over Topping PA5 for speakers that can take 400 watts @4 ohms

Grateful for thoughts, especially if anyone uses Topping PA5 with speakers that take more power, rather than in a nearfield setup. My speakers are Arundal 1723 Monitor THX (advised as 400 watts RMS @4ohms). I bought a Topping PA5 to experiment (thanks to ASR) and now using more often than my...
Top Bottom