Search results

1. hoppy IPA

Blown Tweeters - Polk R700

you made an account today to make these posts:facepalm:
  2. hoppy IPA

lay out how it's so clear that it's physical damage for the laymen here since its so obvious to you. @Prana Ferox @MAB @MaxwellsEq @croseiv @JSmith @AdamG247 - I've already stated my home is child free & there is no chance of anything "poking" the tweeters. Insightful feedback is welcome if...
  3. hoppy IPA

@Holdt - Here are the pics of both blown tweeters. The damage pattern is very similar. As to your 1. I do have a hearing disability from my 2 decades in a Heavy Armored Cavalry Brigade. So that's a solid point! @MAB - The replacement tweeter you're referring to is sitting in the factory...
  4. hoppy IPA

@Flexecutioner no adjustments MiniDSP Device Console other than high & low pass filters. @Prana Ferox child free for life:cool: Tweeter 1 exchange successful. The escutcheon pried off with ease - 3 magnets hold it in place. P1 phillips head screwdriver for the 3 wood screws fastening the...
  5. hoppy IPA

@MaxwellsEq How do I listen? admittedly I like it loud.. often @Sokel - yes. crutchfield has emailed guidance on how to do this. hoping I can do it correctly @JSmith - thank you! Looks helpful @dualazmak - I am not clear on that @JasonC331 - For sure! I received the iFixit pry tool kit...
  6. hoppy IPA

Both of my Polk R700's blew their tweeters likely at the same time after 4 months of use. Replacements are being sent under warranty but I'm hoping you can help me figure out why it happened & how to avoid it happening again. My setup is LG C1 ---> MiniDSP Flex via optical ---> Buckeye...
  7. hoppy IPA

NC252MP (class D) vs. A250W4R (classAB) burst measurements into 4ohm//2.2uF load

so $20k/pair speakers with a $600 amp yeah? literally nobody is doing this. i surely wouldn't pair a 150w amp with speakers rated to 500w.
  8. hoppy IPA

NC252MP (class D) vs. A250W4R (classAB) burst measurements into 4ohm//2.2uF load

can you please list some speakers that would fail this test you made up?
  9. hoppy IPA

Buckeye Amps: Hypex NCx500 Official Thread

@MusicMan77 - you clearly didn't consult @pma /s im prob way outta pocket lol couldn't help it
  10. hoppy IPA

What is a good standard for a "high current" amplifier? I keep seeing this term thrown around and I can't seem to get a good grip on what it should mean. Secondarily, how does one know what speakers can truly benefit from this?
  11. hoppy IPA

Can anyone list a few speakers that can take advantage of this amp's power for those who like it loud? For example, would my Polk R700's be able to get louder than with my current NC502MP?
  12. hoppy IPA

Your Desktop Audio Setup?

@computer-audiophile - what chair is that & how do you like it?
  13. hoppy IPA

Topping E70 Stereo DAC Review

Right on. I have a TS4. as for the desk - it happens to us all
  14. hoppy IPA

@wacomme is that a CalDigit dock?
  15. hoppy IPA

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

Klatch is a terrific roaster to start with. George Howell is a well known top-tier roaster if you want to try some of the best. IMHO focus on Ethiopian & Kenyan coffees. Subscriptions are largely a bad way to go. Do you have a good coffee grinder? If not, you really need to start there.
  16. hoppy IPA

A couple questions about the E70: -Does it offer any type of tone controls or filters? -How could you incorporate an active sub with it, do the RCA's & XLR's output simultaneously?
  17. hoppy IPA

instead of the switch on the back?
  18. hoppy IPA

Buckeye Amps: Purifi Mono, 2ch, and 3ch Official Thread

I recently received my 252 and it was much sooner than the quoted ETA. Very happy with the amp! Looking forward to ordering a 502 build soon or possibly a new NCOREx if Dylan offers them.
Top Bottom