Search results

1. D

Meze 109 Pro

At the moment I've got a very, very slight EQ to bring the treble down and after that I can safely say they beat out the HD600 on vocals. I just used the last two EQ filters from oratory1990. I'm starting to agree with the folk who say I can just stop looking for other audio gear and just enjoy...
  2. D

Meze 109 Pro

I just got mine, love them so far. I was looking for an upgrade from the HD600 that still had natural vocals. The various planar headphones I tried just didn't do it for me, they all seem to give vocals a much more thin presentation. I didn't want to mess with the focal clear even though it's...
  3. D

Added a Genelec 7040A sub to my 8030C monitors

I have all the switches off with the speakers on those stands however without a sub handling the low frequencies the system had a fair bit of reverb. 90% of that is gone and I'm currently just running a simple hand made EQ based on my measurements to pull down a couple of frequencies (I have to...
  4. D

Focal Elegia Review (Closed Back Headphone)

With EQ this was one of my favourite headphones. Amir's listening notes seem to match my experience exactly. Although I despise the focal headband design so I got rid of it. Why put alcantara on the headband and also make it non-replaceable? Not only does it look gross it's probably not very...
  5. D

This is my measurement of the left channel with no EQ, right is very similar. The biggest thing I did which improved my measurements was those speaker stands I linked above. My speakers are raised 27cm from the desk so that the point between the tweeter and woofer is level with my ear. I used...
  6. D

That's true. I end up going back and forth between EQ on and off and turning a low shelf boost on and off. It's nice to always be able to go back to flat just to keep your ears calibrated :)
  7. D

About 900mm from each speaker. They're placed just beside my 34" monitor on these desk stands: https://www.soundseasy.com.au/products/wavebone-gemini-height-adjustable-table-top-speaker-stands
  8. D

I've actually gone back to using them without any EQ at the moment. All the switches are set to default. I find there's just a tiny bit more heft to the low end without any EQ without anything standing out as being not right. Before I added the sub I couldn't run them without EQ due to there...
  9. D

It's about 3.5 x 3.7 meters. There's also a bed behind me which acts as a good sound absorber :)
  10. D

I've been rocking my Genelec 8030C monitors for a few months now thanks in large part to the ASR review and measurements and I've been very, very happy with them. I always calibrate my setup using a UMIK-1 and REW and they just sound perfect. The effect they have of bringing the singer forwards...
  11. D

Sundara on ID4 MKII?

K612 Pro looks interesting, I'll have to look into that more.
  12. D

Sundara on ID4 MKII?

I currently am looking for a good mid range headphone to go with my Audient ID4 MKII which currently drives my Genelec 8030C monitors. I'm looking for something that I can throw on mostly for watching tv shows and movies at night, otherwise most critical listening is done on the 8030C's. I...
  13. D

Genelec 8030C Studio Monitor Review

I don't have them back to back to be sure but I was never impressed with the low end of the T7v and that opinion seems to be validated in other reviews I read after owning them. The Genelecs on the other hand do impress me and satisfy me enough even playing Hans Zimmer etc. whose tracks require...
  14. D

I picked up the BStock units on their site and after shipping, GST and customs it ended up being around $1600AU. Not bad considering they go for $2300-2400 here. Even though they're bstock they look brand new, not a mark or anything on them. I felt more confident shipping these over here due to...
  15. D

Small would not be a word I'd use to describe them. They're definitely not any "smaller" than other speakers I've had in the past such as the 305P's and T7V's. I have them now set up in a near field environment so the soundstage is limited by that but I feel it's an easy way to get more accurate...
  16. D

I just picked up my paid of 8030C monitors from thomann (shipped fairly quickly to Australia). I'm upgrading from the 305P MKii's. Apart from the imagine and clarity being very noticably better, it feels like I've added a sub to my system in comparison! That's crazy from what it not only the...
  17. D

Genelec 8341A SAM™ Studio Monitor Review

Would this work too? https://shenzhenaudio.com/collections/usb-digital-interface/products/gustard-u16-es8620-support-pcm32bit-768k-dsd512-dop-and-native-dsd-digital-interface So what I'd need is that device, two AES cables (one from the U16 to one speaker and then one from that speaker to the...
  18. D

Is there a name for this sort of device that goes from USB or optical to AES? It's hard to find a list of available devices. Up until now I had only seen the small Hosa optical to AES unit.
  19. D

I'm still waiting on my 8330a's to arrive with the GLM kit. I'm still a bit confused as to how I should connect them to my PC. Do I go with regular analogue xlr out of my Schiit Magnius or do I go with an AES connection? Is there any real noticable benefit of going with the AES digital...
  20. D

Audeze LCD-X Over Ear Open Back Headphone Review

Again, I'm not asking for a recommendation. But it doesn't make sense a headphone like the HEDD to be recommended with EQ even though it has incredible THD but not the superior and cheaper LCDX (see image below). This shouldn't be a matter of opinion.
Top Bottom