Search results

1. W

Arcam SA 30 to Lyngdorf TDAI 1120?? Enough for the room?

I currently have an Arcam SA30 and am thinking about changing it for the Lyngdorf 1120 mainly because it has Bass Management which may be beneficial for my current environment. I have 2 concerns about swapping them out: 1/. I've seen a couple of comments saying the Arcam is is probably the...
  2. W

Arcam SA 30 - External DAC Any Better?

I have an Arcam SA30 which I believe has an onboard ESS Sabre ESS9038 DAC. If I went with an external one am I likely to hear any "improvement" in sound or is that a pretty reasonable DAC and other's may sound "Different" but not necessarily "Better"? If an external DAC could improve sound...
  3. W

Casting to BlueSound Node?

Can you cast streaming services from a phone / tablet to a Node or does it all depend on what service you're using ... in other words can you with say Spotify Connect but can't with Amazon Music and in which case you have to use the BlueOS App for that service?
  4. W

Amplifier's Power and Effect on Speakers

Whatever I've read in the past I've been lead to believe that the more powerful an amp is the greater control it has over the speakers therefore more power = better sound. I was talking to someone just now and mentioned I do a lot of very low volume listening and he said a lower powered amp can...
  5. W

EQ Help Please

My speakers are a little bright mainly noticeable in the vocals on poor / elevated recordings and are bass light, I wanted to take that "edge" off the top and add a bit of bass but just relatively small adjustments on both, I'm not looking for thumping bass but just to bring out a bit more where...
  6. W

Harman Kardan Citation Amp Queries

Has anybody got one of these and if so what are your overall thoughts on them. I'm interested in buying one although a deciding factor may be: Is there any way to use it so you can press one button on the remote and it comes onto a pre-set internet radio station? It'll be for a Kitchen /...
  7. W

Yamaha WXA-50 with Amazon Music Query - If Anyone Has One

Quite interested in buying one of these but just had a query about it's integration with Amazon Music and quality it plays at etc. Can you cast to this from the Amazon Music App on a phone / tablet and if so any idea if it's both iOS and Android and if so what quality is it played at? If not...
  8. W

Did Amazon / Echo Miss An Opportunity?

Amazon have obviously got the various different devices i.e. the Input, Dot's and Echo Studios and they clearly went after a mass market of people happy to use that level of speaker. Did they miss a trick / audience though by not having one with an Optical or Coax out and maybe an Echo in the...
  9. W

Arcam SA30 ... Anyone got / heard one?

Does anyone own or has auditioned an Arcam SA30 ... be really interested to hear your thoughts is so? Main thing I'd be interested in is how the vocals present and if they're quite bright / forward or relatively laid back but bviously interested in the overall presentation / sound as well ...
  10. W

Cyrus One HD or Roksan K3 Integrated Amp with Monitor Audio Silver 300's ?

Looking for an Amp to go with some Monitor Audio Silver 300's, I've probably narrowed it down to the Cyrus One HD which would be my preferred but mainly because of the cost, the other I was looking at is the Roksan K3 I/A and with the price difference was wondering if I'd notice a big difference...
  11. W

Dali Oberon 5's or Elac F6.2's

Be interested to know if anyone has either of these 2 or demo'd them and what their thoughts are? These will be for stereo use without a sub in a room that's about 34 mtrs sq in a room approx 15 x 26 feet. I've seen some comments in reviews etc. saying the Dali's really want a sub but speaking...
  12. W

B & W 607's vs Elac B5.2's - Anyone heard a back to back?

Has anyone heard a back to back of the B & W 607 Anniversary S2's vs the Elac Debut B5.2's ... I'd be really interested to hear what noticeable tonal differences you picked up on? I have a pair of 607's in one room which is a bit of an acoustic nightmare and a pair of Wharfedale 9.1's in...
  13. W

B & W 607's vs Elac B5.2's - Anyone heard a back to back?

Has anyone heard a back to back of the B & W 607 Anniversary S2's vs the Elac Debut B5.2's ... I'd be really interested to hear what noticeable tonal differences you picked up on? I have a pair of 607's in one room which is a bit of an acoustic nightmare and a pair of Wharfedale 9.1's in...
  14. W

Comparing / Testing Different Speakers

Unless they're back to back I struggle to tell the difference between one speaker to another by the time you've stopped the music and switched cables from one set of speakers to another. I have a budget pair of Wharfedale 9.1's as a desktop setup in one room and feel like they sound an awful...
  15. W

DAC with Auto Switching - Optical / USB?

Does anybody know if there are any DAC's that Auto Switch between inputs and have both Usb and Optical in? Wouldn't neccessarily need to switch but could just mix the 2 inputs together for one output. Output can be TRS or XLR or last choice would be RCA. Would have thought there'd be a...
  16. W

Topping PA5 / Aiyima A300 Alternatives?

Looking for a new small / desktop amp and ideally want something that falls in between the PA5 and the A300 in terms of cost / quality. PA5 I like although would prefer alternative inputs and ideally cheaper although neither are essential. Liked the A300 although the review seems to find it...
  17. W

Automatic Input Switch or Something I've Missed

I'm trying to find an auto input swtich / selector or an alternative for 2 sources going into a single RCA channel... my reason I use my PC to play music through an amp but I also use an Alexa for radio which I also want through the amp but I also it for important work alarms / reminders and...
  18. W

Volume on Device or Amp?

If you're relaying a phone to say bluetooth or streaming from a device like chromecast or wiim mini ....... are you better off increasing the device;s outut to max volume and using the amp at lower settings ... OR ... setting the device to a lower level and icreasing the Amps volume to get a...
  19. W

DAC vs Analogue & Amp Influences on Tone?

Not the easiest thing to clearly explain in writing what I’m trying to understand so please “Bear With” … but if anyone has queries please just let me know. I’m relatively new to taking my music listening to a higher level and now have a base understanding of how some of the different parts...
  20. W

Wired Echo Dot vs Chromecast Audio vs WiiM Mini Streamer??

I'm guessing if I'm using and Echo Dot plugged into an Amp via the 3.5mm jack there must be a DAC in the Dot that's doing the conversion and will be the weak point / limitation to the overall quality? If as an alternative I use a Chromecast Audi with Optical out straight into the Amp I'm...
Top Bottom