Search results

1. S

Resources for newbie *listener*, not room acoustics

Thank you. Yes I got those speakers based on the measurements. Can I do the equalization (after measurements) with Denon AVR (1600H)? It's supposed to arrive next week...
  2. S

(GREAT replies everyone, thank you so much! Hope that software still works... )
  3. S

Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2. Found them used with stands for €210 shipped. I have no idea if they sound better or worse than same-priced speakers. All I know is that I think I have to go through all my music collection as I think I only listened to half of what is in the CDs with my older speakers or...
  4. S

I'm very new to this whole audio stuff... always listened to music in cheap speakers and headphones. I got my first pair of "serious" speakers and I can't believe how different they are... I can hear things I've never heard! I tried to read Recommended reading for new comers and inquisitive...
  5. S

Which center channel (and fronts) for 1k?

Can you increase the center channel output (without a center channel) with a Denon AVR?
  6. S

Yes, everyone says it's important to have the center but as you said maybe I should try a 2.1 first. One of the reasons I'm looking to have a center is also to increase the volume on the dialogue...
  7. S

Physically large? Or too large from an audio prospective (even though I would not know what that means). I'm in a small space...
  8. S

What about 3x ELAC Debut 2.0 B6.2? (the center one tilted up)?
  9. S

What about the fronts? I understand the matching fronts got a thumb down in the review... Should I just use Debut series fronts?
  10. S

Since my system will be used mostly for movies I understand I should prioritize the center channel. BUT it seems that most of the ones that are measured are not that good... I also have the option of using a bookshelf under the screen (tons of space). I don't think I need more than 20 degrees of...
  11. S

Confused by center channel: 3xMTM vs 2xTM + 1xMTM

Actually I ran some calculations and it seems that in any case I'll be in the +-20 degrees off axis (220cm from speaker front, no way I'm more than 70 cm on the side - seat is for 2 people). So maybe I'm good with some center speaker placed horizontally? For example Polk S30?
  12. S

Damn I didn't think of this... tilting in vertical configuration is going to be a problem
  13. S

Yes but again not many speakers are sold not in pairs. That's why I was thinking going with a central mounted vertically. I'm in Italy; can you suggest some speakers that can be bought as "single"? I would like to avoid buying 4 speakers to use 3 of them...
  14. S

Yes I saw that; very informative. But I'm not sure which solutions are proposed... not many bookshelf speakers are sold not in pairs? I don't think he ever suggests to place a center vertically?
  15. S

Thank you. I'm a little bit confused. I don't think I want to spend that amount of money (Revel C208)... I thought using a cheaper center vertically I was going to have power AND horizontal beamwidth? Using a standard bookshelf involves finding one that is sold not in pairs...
  16. S

Very useful. Some info/questions: I can't use a transparent screen. How can I know the SPL I need? I'm pretty close (8-9' from screen, I think 6' from speakers) and in an apartment, so I don't think I'll be able to go that loud...
  17. S

I haven't seen pictures of configurations like this though. I suppose because they don't "look" good and because most bookshelf speakers are sold in pairs? And: why center speakers are usually MTM? Why aren't they "just" a regular bookshelf placed horizontally?
  18. S

I have a projector so a lot of space under the screen (60cm). The system will be used mainly for movies. What would be the best configuration for fronts + center: Should I go with a "regular" center speaker mounted vertically and 2 regular fronts (towers/bookshelf)? Or go with 3x center...
  19. S

Small room, can't play high volume... should I bother?

I think that's the whole point of the discussion. Suppose I have a budget of €2000. Would I hear the difference compared do a (say) Polk XT* system (which costs €600 with 2 towers 2 satellites and central)? Again, small room, listening distance 8' or less, can't play very high volume. Mostly...
Top Bottom