Search results

1. C

Is the sub channel on an analogue 7.1 RCA passthrough?

I need to switch 2 lots of 8 RCA inputs. I was thinking, could I buy an old top end Denon which has 2 lots of 7.1 inputs, feed my analogue outs into that and use that to switch between the 2 setups. My question is, could I use the sub channel as a full range in/out? Assume I'll have to turn all...
  2. C

What's the latest on pi based music steamers?

Looking to set one of these up. I played about with some of these a while back but couldn't get any to play ball with a large (2TB+) network stored library. I've realised the inconvenience in such a large library and have separated a smaller one. Aiming to store this split between the USB stick...
  3. C

Subwoofer causes noise from the speakers

Been chasing a noisy system. I have 2x Musical Fidelity X-A1 with a subwoofer plugged into the preout, when this is plugged in, I get crackling and random noise from the speakers, not the usual hum from the sub. Happens on both amps using the same subs. Is there any way to resolve this?
  4. C

PC far away from amp - Best cable for long runs?

I've put the PC fairly far away from the amplifiers. Not had much success running long RCAs and a 5m USB seems similar with bringing noise into the equation. What's the best cable for a 15-20m run? I was thinking USB to optical or coax at the PC end and a long run in either of those might be...
  5. C

Long speaker cable or RCA and does length matter

Need a few runs of 10m cables, be it RCA or speaker cable. No balanced option available. A quick google before sent me down the path of longer RCAs. So I ran some and cheaper RCA cables, away from power sources and the are making odd noises. Previous builds I've ok success with long speaker...
  6. C

Most aesthetically pleasing amplifiers

Not what is usually discussed, but everything out of the equation, what in your eyes is the best looking amplifier and why?
  7. C

How to deal with floorboards

Trying to improve a tough room. Upstairs with floorboards, pretty porous. Room is 3x6m. Front 3x3 is the HT, rear is an office which makes it a bit tough as I like to slide around on my office chair (which reminded me of getting sacked for doing this in an office nearly 20 years ago, nothing...
  8. C

Dolby Atmos on PC cutting out

Anyone using a PC into a receiver for dolby atmos? Mine seems to constantly cut out, no rhythm, every 10 or 50 seconds, loses audio for 1 second or 2. Does it on both Dolby test tracks on MPC and Forza Horizon 5. All I've tested so far.
  9. C

Help me get this oddball amp working - Detoma A194 and 8 pin din standard - German

Picked this up cheap on ebay for heights to get the receiver in preamp mode. Seems like De Toma is a German company and I can only find vague instructions in German. Main issue is it uses an 8 pin DIN cable. I've bought 2 so far (to RCA) and one outputs nothing, whilst the other outputs white...
  10. C

Subwoofer amp speaker pass through

http://www.stealthacoustics.com/images/specification_sheets/255R%20spec%20sheet_2010.pdf Picked up one of these. It has high level in and put. If I was using the out to a set of small speakers, will it remove the low frequencies from the output or does it just pass the signal through?
  11. C

Dual 120hz outputs from 1 HDMI

I have an RTX3090 with only 1 HDMI, feeding 2 120hz TVs via a 3700H. I assumed both monitor outs and/or the zone 2 out would pass 120hz but it seems only monitor 1 does and when both are on it drops down to 60hz. Doesn't look like there are any genuine splitters out on the market and the ones...
  12. C

Topping E50 PNL Error

Getting this from the E50. Seems other have had it, but no threads point to an answer. Is it faulty?
  13. C

Recommended DIY Preamp

Hypex and Purifi get alot of attention for the power amp, but are there any go to boards or suppliers for the preamp side?
  14. C

E50 preout

Tried bypassing the Denon AV using the Topping E50 as a preamp straight into a Tag Mclaren 5x100r, but at 0DB it is a bit loud, -25 is listening volume and you can't hear much -50 to -99 as it fades to silence. What's the issue here? I suppose I don't have to worry about the digital volume...
  15. C

Surround subwoofer setup

I've always read at XX frequency you can't tell where the bass is coming from. I don't know about anyone else, but the sense of feel alone rules that out. Got a bit of an oddball setup where the surround and rear surround (both sides) are also used as 2 office systems for stereo listening via...
  16. C

Power amp for extra Atmos speakers

Can someone make a recommendation for a decent but fairly cost effective 2 and/or 4/6 channel power amp that wouldn't be too out of place powering some Atmos speaker in a surround setup with a mid-high end class A power amp doing the rest.
  17. C

Splitting preouts on AVR to 2 power amplifiers without extra gain knobs?

Before I pull the plug on this setup, is there any issues with splitting the preouts individually and running an RCA to 2 power amps? Goal is for 2 setups. From memory, this would reduce the gain. Some of the power amps I'm looking at do not have gains knobs. Would the unit on an AVR offer enough?
  18. C

AVR recommendation - SR8015 or cheaper model and 2 power amps

Looking to upgrade a Marantz SR7015. At the moment it runs a a gaming/film in an office setup and the preouts feed and old Denon 1911 for a 5.1.2 HT in another room. The 8015s are on offer at the moment and I was about to pull the plug which led me here to read the reviews which in all honesty...
  19. C

PC to AVR connections - DAC between for music?

Looking at picking up an SR8015. Have an early 7015 at the moment. I can't see any other way, but is there anything to note or issue/improvement to be had with games/films with any other method than with graphics card to AVR via HDMI? For music from the PC, would there be any improvement in SQ...
Top Bottom