Search results

1. 6speed

Closed back headphone isolation

I have been using open back Sennheisers forever, and am now wondering if it's possible to switch to something like the Aeon RT and have someone next to me not hear any music bleeding through. How much isolation do closed back headphones really offer?
  2. 6speed

UL rating for power cables

I noticed that the voltage and current ratings for Belden cables marketed for use as speaker and power cables is the same, as is insulation thickness. So, if you assume construction methodology is the same, then what differentiates them for each purpose other than marketing? Do power cables...
  3. 6speed

Power supply testing proposal

I realize a competent piece of gear will not require the world's greatest power supply, but I thought I would propose a power supply test anyway. Play multiple tones (including 60Hz) from an amplifier through the power supply and record what comes out the other side. Other than wanting to do...
  4. 6speed

Suggestions whole house surge/lightning protection?

I am already familiar with Zero Surge and Surgex series mode devices and a lot of their competition, but am wondering if anyone has any suggestions about whole house surge/lightning protection. Which ones Clamp faster Have a lower let through voltage Incorporate multiple devices/tech to...
  5. 6speed

What is a valid speaker IMD test?

I have noticed IMD testing of speakers mentioned a few times, but no results...or even suggestions. As a starting point, can we just use an equally spaced multi-tone signal and run an RTA?
  6. 6speed

How to verify HD audio?

With so many sources for HD audio (>16/44) now, what methods are available for verifying a difference or benefit. What software is needed and what does one look for? Increase bandwidth: Any content >20kHz. Increased dynamic range: The higher the better, and there are several algorithms for...
Top Bottom