Search results

1. T

I hate my new subwoofer for certain low frequency

My new monolith 10" v2 thx sub sounds good but honestly anything below 30hz where the port kicks in, it sounds like fart noises you make with your mouth:rolleyes: I can use the plug they included but it kills anything below 30hz. I don't understands monoprice / review saying this extends /...
  2. T

Subwoofer upgrade and frequency response

So finally ordered a proper sub for my music listening with my Klipsch rp-600m. Current sub is cheap kind & very old 12". It easily rolls off after 80hz without EQ and it's not high wattage. Now given the huge roll off, I don't have issues with bass notes definitions or volume for 30hz, 40hz...
  3. T

my Klipsch rp-600m room response

Finally got to measuring these speakers. Not sure I understand the data or if I did proper measurement. What do you guys suggest for EQ ? I see some dips. *better resolution graph Better position of the MIC , very close to my listening spot, ear level middle of the speaker.
  4. T

Klipsch rp-600m vibration , inside rattles on high tweeter volume

What a crappy Sunday. Woke up this morning and turned on my 7.1 AVR to listen to some tunes. And... Front Left channel is leaking loud transformer noises. Tried an old speakers couldn't hear anything on that channel. Moved the left Klipsch on other speaker ouputs, all fine no hiss or...
  5. T

What are people using for RCA cable type for subwoofer line-in

Found multi-shielded RG59 22awg or RG6 18awg to give out better bass range, definition vs the regular thin L/R RCA cable types. There's also RG11 (14awg), that can be used with coaxial to RCA adapter. Using monoprice RG6, 10feet cable but I'm curious what else is out there that is not crazy...
  6. T

Klipsch rp-600m with older Class AB, high current amp

Found this for 40$ locally, old Onkyo TX-SR605 WRAT receiver 90w min, 210w dynamic power Using bi-amp with the speakers, so they have plenty of power. I noticed a small improvement to dynamic, clearer, sharper high frequency & a small boost to bass definition,volume. I think the mids sound...
  7. T

What's the explanation of needing speaker calibrations vs wire length with good speakers ?

I have Klipsch rp-600m bi-amp with an older receiver so each speaker gets 2 channel so I get 100w+ per speaker available. The speaker wires are not equal since the amp is near the right speaker. The banana,pin plugs & 12gauge cable are the same for both speakers. Right speaker wires are 60cm...
  8. T

RCA Stereo to Mono converter where to buy ?

Was looking at merging Left,Right channels into Mono. I don't really want to build the adapter. Why are these so rare to buy ? Was looking at Amazon & Aliexpress but can't find much. for line out it would be this and with these adapters I could just ignore the soldering part. 'left + 1kohm'...
  9. T

Speaker isolation pads question

How accurate is this description of isolating speakers ? I don't have any anti-vibration foam but I did find some spare non-slip mat (soft rubber). I used two layers for my Klipsch rp-600m(mounted on my computer desk). For me, it made a difference in the base response (louder, more precise) ...
  10. T

DSD native playback on Realtek 1220-VB, took me a while to figure this

Got native DSD playback working on the x570 Master board. Very nice of Gigabyte to include this but... no instructions or documentation hinting how it's suppose to work for end users. Google doesn't help much either. For those interested, here are the steps: Step 1, extract the realtek...
  11. T

Klipsch rp-600m with good quality cables, complete change to dynamics / sound

I have these running on Onkyo TX-DS474, bi-amp(dual channel per speaker). Recently switched from old crap thin cables that used to oxidize / brown out with high wattage after a few weeks. Switched to copper silicon sleeve cable, 12awg + gold plated connectors (2mm pins & 4mm banana type). The...
  12. T

Klipsch rp-600m bi-amp, watts question

Just got my Klipsch rp-600m and have a dumb question. I'm using 4 channels (bi-amp) on my vintage Onkyo (55w rms 8ohm, 75w rms 6ohm, 100w peak per channel). These speakers are rated 100w rms, 400w peak. So total rms per speaker is around 110w+ per speaker. What are the chances of blowing up /...
Top Bottom