• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Klipsch rp-600m vibration , inside rattles on high tweeter volume

tjtremor

What a crappy Sunday. Woke up this morning and turned on my 7.1 AVR to listen to some tunes.
And... Front Left channel is leaking loud transformer noises. Tried an old speakers couldn't hear anything on that channel.

Moved the left Klipsch on other speaker ouputs, all fine no hiss or transformer noises. Kinda disappointed, I was using bi-amp function Front + Surround Back to drive the Left,Right with some analog,toslink,HDMI inputs with double bass function. So now I'm only left with using the pre-amp/amp on this thing with the multichannel input with a bunch of RCA splitters (3.5mm to 5 RCA :rolleyes: ) from the computer.

Was testing the sound quality, was about 60% volume, just randomly played some songs. With Watercolor Eyes by Lana Del Rey, to my surprise I got some rattle during high tweeter peaks. The noise seem to be from the bottom inside. Unscrewed the bottom panel, pulled it 1cm and the rattle disappeared.

I was surprised how crap(extremely thin, crushed) the gasket is on these rear panels. Cut/Installed some pieces of foam, not 100% flush since I didn't want to crush the foam. Very solid, no rattle noise. I think it might of improved the bass reflex port too, not 100% sure.

1647823629374.png
1647823664994.png
1647824288844.png

Last edited:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Have you run a frequency sweep of the speaker to test for rattles, resonance and other issues. If you want to try this software. Run it at a sensible volume, don't blow your tweeters with too much power and sweep slowly from low to high and if there are any issues this will usually show them off pretty obviously.

OP
T

tjtremor

Fixed my 3.5mm to 5RCA splitter for the multichannel.

Using a single 3.5mm to RCA to the AVR(green). Zone2 bridged to Surr + Sub(blue).

Listening on Multichannel with Zone2 set to DVD. Not bad without the loss from splitting the connection 3 times.

On the positive side, this way of driving the speakers I get +/-12db adjustment on each channel.
Already prefer -1 tweeters +1 woofers for level settings.

1647903720012.png

Top Bottom