Search results

1. M

Network player with USB digital output?

thanks for the replies, I think I found one: the instructions are not totally explicit, but the rear of the unit clearly shows a usb-b port labeled "usb input" and a usb-a port labeled "dac". https://www.musicalfidelity.com/uploads/catalogerfiles/mx-stream/5_MF-MXStream-Flyer.pdf
  2. M

so, there is no such a device and I cannot make my own... :(
  3. M

my use case is: I want to plug it into a computer and use it like a DAC (forwarding audio to the real dac) OR stream audio files to it over ethernet (via DLNA). the topping m50 would do for the USB part, but I know as a fact in my setup it doesn't work well as a network player. maybe I can use...
  4. M

For example, this device: https://www.silent-angel-audio.com/munich-m1t has usb audio out, but I think it doesn't have usb audio IN.
  5. M

sorry, I wrote it in the title, but I forgot to repeat in the message body 1) ethernet connectivity (e.g. DLNA) 2) USB AUDIO in 3) USB AUDIO out
  6. M

Hello forum, I'm looking for a network player that should have: 1) ethernet connectivity (e.g. DLNA) 2) USB in 3) USB out I already ruled out SMSL SD-9 (it does not seem very reliable). Topping M50 might do, but I would strongly prefer something different. I liked the Aune X5s but it lacks USB...
  7. M

AudioQuest XLR

To be honest, I do own some (cheap) AQ cables, and I never had any issue. I may be completely wrong, but I prefer to spend -say- 50 usd at my local retailer, for a cable from a cable manufacturer, rather than 15 on amazon for some ANNNWZZD cable (not joking...). I know they might be identical...
  8. M

AudioQuest XLR

You may be right about the conditioning. With my cables, I can easily tell you which DAC is playing just by the volume. With the AQ cable, I can't tell, but the bias might be "me" :) My old cable is unlikely to be faulty: if I keep my cables but swap them, nothing changes (i.e. I still hear my...
  9. M

AudioQuest XLR

XLR to XLR, sorry I didn't mention but I assumed it was obvious.
  10. M

AudioQuest XLR

Exactly. My naive opinion on the topic was that AQ cables were substantially _identical_ to regular cables (except for, say, weight and price): is this a good summary?
  11. M

AudioQuest XLR

Right. I empirically found a way to find the proper volumes on the preamp (it's not super-scientifc, but I played the same wave with both DACs and re-recorded the output with my phone, until the waves had similar amplitude in Audacity). But that's not my point. I can tell you the difference...
  12. M

AudioQuest XLR

Hello Forum, I have a DAC on loan from a local retailer. I was trying to do quite an accurate comparison between this and my old but the new item seems to have a significantly lower volume, which makes my test harder, as I cannot just "switch" between DAC1 and DAC2. So they also lent me an...
  13. M

Power supply for Topping D50s

Hello forum, Does anybody know if 5V/0.8A is enough for a Topping D50s? I see that Topping website shows a picture with P50/A50/D50, and in this configuration the P50 would emit 5V/0.9A, so this should be enough, but I've never seen a picture with a fourth component (which would drop the...
  14. M

Budget streamer: iFi or AudioPro

Hello Forum, after an incredibly disappointing experience with a Topping M50, I need another streamer. I have a few requirements: 0) mandatory: usb output to external dac 1) reasonable price, or I'll repurpose one of my raspberry pi's 2) 5V or 15V supply (not really mandatory, but I need to...
  15. M

Good-looking power cable

So summary of the discussion: 1) be careful when dating an audiophile ;) 2) basically all cables are sort-of identical (except for pricing): stock cable, oehlbach, waudio, audioquest... 3) all these cables are "generally ok" in build quality (as they have a brand who has a reputation and/or...
  16. M

Good-looking power cable

Exactly, you got the point: I just want a cable with "no surprises". Ideally I don't want to disassemble a cable myself. I would prefer to pay a bit more and get a "guaranteed" cable
  17. M

Good-looking power cable

thanks for the reply. but I'm curious, specifically about "audiophile" cables: for example, I could get this (I think - I'm not an expert) https://www.amazon.com/AudioQuest-NRG-X3-Power-Amplifiers-Conditioners/dp/B086H3XZYP/ at roughly the same price as the WAudio. Would that be ok? So, apart...
  18. M

Good-looking power cable

I could not use the cable that was in the box, because the plug was angled, I needed a straight one. Also for personal reasons, I wanted a cable with the "audiophile look"
  19. M

Good-looking power cable

Hello forum, I recently bought a Topping P50, and I needed a well-built power cable; as a bonus, it should be decent-looking. So -brutally explicit- I'm not looking for a power cable that will "improve" the sound, or open up the soundstage, etc. I just need a cable built from pure copper, with...
Top Bottom