Search results

1. JeanKazamer

Distortion measurement VS driver diameter/frequency

Yes that is exactly what i have deducted from looking at many impedance graphs ..always a correlation between those small bumps and some problems in other measurements . So i will keep this in mind while looking at different drivers from now on. thanks :) from 300 to 6K ? damn .. lol I had...
  2. JeanKazamer

Thanks for the feedback . So the major breakup for the 10" would be the jump at ~ 6.5khz and 11~12khz for the 5.5" ? Unsure someone would want to use the 10" at higher than 2-3K neway right ? Having a massive loss of db already at only 15deg must be quite bad lol Another thing i wanted to...
  3. JeanKazamer

5.5" driver for comparison .. so now the same behavior has been pushed up to around 3khz ?
  4. JeanKazamer

something more if i may 10" driver iirc ... normalized 15-30-45 off axis plot so when we look at data like this, can we use it to conclude that this driver would be difficult to use at anything higher than let's say 2Khz because by then the 15deg ( 30deg main cone ) is starting to loose...
  5. JeanKazamer

Appologies if i take some time between replies, lots to do daily ( with added Escape from Tarkov wipe :cool: ) Homeschooling the kids, house chores and lots of coming projects i have little time to work on this learning experience . Thanks for input, i have gone through your link, without...
  6. JeanKazamer

Forgot to mention the following ... i am trying to learn more about cone breakup and beaming in relation to driver diameter and materials etc... quite large topic but also really interesting. If you guys have some good material i could crunch on when i get few free minutes :)
  7. JeanKazamer

The thought behind asking about distortion is that i believed ( not sure now so please enlighten me ) that all this would show up on distortion measurements ? If a driver has a hard time doing a smooth cycle because of the required speed Vs its mass let's say, or the stiffness of his suspension...
  8. JeanKazamer

Wow so much stuff in here i don't even know how to start on all this .. Fist off .. Happy New Year everybody , wish you all health and happiness :) Yes that was my intuition before posting this question ( well in part ) that something about the directivity could be a large factor in the...
  9. JeanKazamer

I fully agree, but wasn't the point of the question here ... Trying to understand at a more basic level what would prevent a larger woofer to perform as good as a much smaller one Ok so no difference in hearing if we " forget " the other parameters. So all this comes back to why a large...
  10. JeanKazamer

So let's push this a bit more, i might simply be prying in the wrong direction here but i'll take the risk. Let's assume that we are listening in and anechoic chamber, with no discernable reflection events . And that we are getting the same power, same local directivity from 2 previously stated...
  11. JeanKazamer

Thanks for all replies ... :) I do not understand what you mean here. Both those won't show on distortion measurement ? I understand it makes the driver move out of controlled amplitude but wouldn't that raise the amount of distortion the driver produces in some way ? yeah that is obvious...
  12. JeanKazamer

Tried as much as i could, perhaps not searching for the correct terms ... excuse me if this is something that was discussed or could've been easily found . :) I've read multiple times, in many different places ( interwebs ) with different sauces, something that would read similar to this : " A...
  13. JeanKazamer

Neumann KH 150 Monitor Review

I kinda phrased that wrong i guess, couldn't care less about being fair as you intended it , as i agree that it is up to the manufacturer to elevate their products ( specially in the 2020 + era... ) Was more referring to the potential, but as you pointed out might be impossible to achieve much...
  14. JeanKazamer

as an example here ( i hope i ain't infringing some link rule ..my bad if i am ) using https://pierreaubert.github.io/spinorama/scores.html?quality=High Pierre's ranking system Almost all of the top 10 and most of the top 20 loudspeakers are active/eq if ain't mistaken ? But then you have...
  15. JeanKazamer

Yes i agree and understand this . But when we look at rankings, or scores and the ramas, we don't see this reflected and it is somewhat confusing to understand what could be done and what is already implemented in each category.
  16. JeanKazamer

I'd have a n00bifile question here if i may . So when we are looking at objective measured results and compare different products ( even from different categories to some degree ) Aren't we comparing active/dsp/heavily EQed , powered loudspeakers to " non powered " products here ? The end...
  17. JeanKazamer

PS Audio Power Plant 3 AC Regen Review (Video)

A TUBE!! will watch in bed later ... learning session :) thanks Amir !! :)
  18. JeanKazamer

It's not impossible to achieve similar performance for sure ... but no way you are going to do it for a similar price tag . Specially not if you take 8030c level . And then add to it, the ease of use + your time ... I will really have to consider all those before investing my time into a...
  19. JeanKazamer

yeah even some at sub 1000$ active monitors would be totally impossible to do as diy . As for stands, i mean that is quite an easy part for any diy enjoyer . With smaller loudspeakers like that, placement is really easy compared to large horn or larger boxy stuff Literally can position then...
  20. JeanKazamer

When can we expect a learning lesson on tubes? :cool: Do you mean this as a personal taste or there are some physical limitations in play here? Looking at reviews, i have hard time understanding what would prevent the use of those small box crazy monitors as a full fledge living room system...
Top Bottom