Search results

1. W

Headphone Amplfier/PreAmp Combo

Hey ASR, I have a technical question. If you own a dac like the d70s with a preamplifier mode, and a headphone amplifier with a preamp/amplifier (Burson soloist) Could running the dac in preamp mode potentially damage the amplifier/preamp combo?
  2. W

Line level for amplifier?

Hey ASR, I am currently running a topping d70s and Burson soloist 3X. The Burson supposedly has a preamp builtin but I am not sure if it runs through the preamplifier while on headphone mode. Burson stated to send the signal from the dac at line level. I have been using the setup with the...
  3. W

4v standard vs 5v

The standard for XLR voltage is 4v but a lot of DACs put out 5v like my topping d70s. Could this potentially harm a headphone amplifier? My Burson Soloist 3X arrives today and I want to treat it well.
  4. W

A90 vs Burson Soloist 3X

Hey ASR, Im in the market to replace my thx 889 for my Arya, and eventually the Susvara or Utopia. Is there a solid sound difference between the a90/soloist 3X that justifies the 2x cost increase?
  5. W

THX 889 vs A90 vs Singxer SA-1

Hey ASR, I have been debating between the three amps to run off of my D70s to my Arya/Anandas/M4u1/Q701/800s/Clear OGs. (I use the arya/ananda the most depending on the track) The THX 889 is currently 250$, the A90 is currently 500$ and the Singxer SA-1 is 600$. The Singxer SA-1 is the only...
  6. W

Arya/Ananda Hybrid

Hey ASR, I'm looking for a pair of headphones somewhere between Arya/Ananda (price doesn't matter). I love the tonality and in your face of the Ananda but if it was separated another foot or two it would be perfect for my taste. Has anyone found a headphone that is somewhere in the middle of...
  7. W

SMSL SU-9 vs D1se

Can anyone explain the differences between the two products? The SU-9 is 450$ and the D1se is 300-400$ more. They appear to have the same features and the same internal software.... Is it only the chassis or does one have better circuitry?
  8. W

SMSL SU-9 vs D1se

Can anyone explain the differences between the two products? The SU-9 is 450$ and the D1se is 300-400$ more. They appear to have the same features and the same internal software.... Is it only the chassis or does one have better circuitry?
  9. W

Monoprice THX 889 Info

"Maximum input levels (RCA or XLR same) are: High Gain: Max input 2.15 Vrms (+8.8 dBu) Medium Gain or Low Gain: Max input 7.15 Vrms (+19 dBu) Above rules are same regardless of Unbal or Bal output. " Does anyone know if the max input is 7.15Vrms per channel or is it a combination of both the...
  10. W

Quality DAC Recommendations?

Hey ASR, LONG TIME lurker here. I recently purchased a SMSL SU-9 to go along with my THX 889 > Driving Senn 800s/Arya/Ananda/M4U1/Q701/MDRV6 I get occasional static coming from my SMSL SU-9. Just to verify, I have tried the setup on another PC/optical connection to a TV/Bluetooth to a phone...
Top Bottom