Search results

1. B

Tutorial (sorta) How to setup AirPort Express 802.11n (2nd Generation) for Apple Music and Voice Control

I purchased a used AirPort Express 802.11n (2nd Generation) A1392 for $15 (fair price!) this weekend and I wanted to share the steps that I went through to be able to do something like: "Hey Siri play the Beatles on the Technics Stereo" I'm no expert in streaming devices, but from my limited...
  2. B

Technics SU-C01 beautiful circuit board - how to fix input selector

Based on the measurements printed on the case, seems like this offers SOTA performance ;) The only problem is that the input select isn't behaving nicely. I need to position it in-between inputs, otherwise the Left channel is very distorted (sometimes it works OK in the actual position, but...
  3. B

How to (cost effectively) EQ a mostly analog system while maintaining high fidelity?

Dear ASR forum members, I'd like to ask for some advice regarding how I can incorporate (a cost-effective) EQ in my system: Speakers: Technics SB-C700 (the ones reviewed by Amir) Amplifier: Topping PA5 II DAC: Topping E50 with Coax for CD player, Optical for Airplay Streaming, don't really use...
  4. B

Test showing EMI/RFI affect on XLR cables

Sounds Speeds YouTube Channel just released what IMO seems like a fair test of cable performance in rejecting EMI/RFI. It certainly showed some differences. I wonder if a setup like this could be added to the ASR cable testing suite?
  5. B

DACs that have data+power over USB-C to devices e.g. iPad

I am looking for a DAC to use with my iPad for Apple Music Lossless, that would connect via USB-C, and also provide power to the iPad. Currently I am using the Topping E50 with the iPad, however, I would need to unplug the iPad and plug it into a charger. (Alternatively, I have used a dongle...
  6. B

Comparing SL-10 and SL-1200: Linear tracking arm adjustments affecting frequency? Or is it the cartridge?

I'll start with a bit of a story.... I'm in the midst of trying to illustrate that a Technics SL-1200 mk2 that I purchased refurbished (and have had serviced), is experiencing problems. What I've been doing is recording the Ortofon Test Record that plays a number of sweeps and tones...
  7. B

$250 vs $950 vacuum record cleaning system comparison

I wanted to share a video for feedback that my wife made comparing two vacuum record cleaning systems - the Okki Nokki One vs the Squeaky Clean Mk3. She would like to do more record cleaning videos, but wanted to get feedback before working on the others. She's wondering if she missed anything...
  8. B

Making sense of phono amp measurements

I've been reading the phono amp reviews and I am hoping that more experienced members can help me make sense of a few things. (I'll edit this if I have made any mistakes or wrong statements) 1. If the input level is fixed at 5mV (for MM) and 0.5mV (for MC) - which makes sense to standardise on...
  9. B

Akai GMC-570D as headphone amplifier - advice on how to test?

Hello! I consider myself incredibly lucky to have found a nearly mint physical condition, and in what appears to be good working condition Akai GMC-570D stereo cassette deck. I absolutely love the looks of it and have it displayed in the living room next to the sofa. I thought it would be...
Top Bottom