Search results

1. N

ATC speakers / Monitors

Self noises cues are a type of environmental cues, specifically tailored to our studio design's environmental response. I don't understand what you don't understand. How is this confusing? If many of these are well known to you, then I guess you read them. Which makes you not putting two and...
  2. N

ATC speakers / Monitors

Here are a few (digestible) references to supposed psychoacoustic principles in established audio publications that should remind you of audio snake oil marketing. Some basic and more broad in their subjects, some closely related to our work. The AES one in particular about canonical spaces is...
  3. N

ATC speakers / Monitors

I'll try and find time to gather a few papers yes (I'm traveling now, hence the unusual free time to be on a forum). I remember one about canonical spaces being very interesting.
  4. N

ATC speakers / Monitors

My company does not owe you anything, certainly not years of expensive R&D, important prototyping investments and over work burn-outs. You are far out of the reality we work in. The name "Self-noises cues" itself literally describes what it is (*points at voice path bouncing off a nearby wall...
  5. N

ATC speakers / Monitors

Yes, because my company did the R&D, engineering, psychoacoustics study and came up with the design topology. We're protective of the data for that reason. It's proprietary. But the basic principle is easy to understand. How it's implemented not as easily. It's a technology that allows us to...
  6. N

ATC speakers / Monitors

Thank you for this. This makes a lot more sense :)
  7. N

ATC speakers / Monitors

All of it. You missed 90% of the explanation. It explains how the rooms work. They're only hemi-anechoic in the speakers to room and speakers to engineer path - not the engineer to room path. They use a psycho-acoustic principle called self-noises cues. It's a key aspect of the design. These...
  8. N

ATC speakers / Monitors

Ok, so that's a home made anechoic chamber? Those we did for some smaller manufacturers were small-ish and still valid down to a 100Hz or 80Hz. No need to gate anything and no gate used. Near and below LF cutoff, then response is managed. For less fortunate companies, LF were typically measured...
  9. N

ATC speakers / Monitors

Anechoic measurements are typically not gated. Because they are anechoic... It's like being in a pitch black room wearing sunglasses. :)
  10. N

ATC speakers / Monitors

Oh absolutely. The goals just aren't the same. The means to achieve them too. The type of myths is pretty different, though there are some crossovers.
  11. N

ATC speakers / Monitors

Your point being? You're quoting less than half of the story. I'd love to see where you're going with that and how you're going to misinterprete it all.
  12. N

ATC speakers / Monitors

No, I'm not. I never really cared about the audiophile world, pro audio is a different planet altogether. If it's not a new line of thought, which is really good news, a lot are apparently still very confused about this.
  13. N

ATC speakers / Monitors

I think you need to read how they do those again. :)
  14. N

ATC speakers / Monitors

I haven't read the article, but If that measurement is done in a lightly treated room or a "living room" that behavior is completely normal: those measurements are typically more room than speaker. What happens is that often they measure free standing speakers in "normal" or lightly treated...
  15. N

ATC speakers / Monitors

Looking incredibly entitled and vastly incompetent.
  16. N

ATC speakers / Monitors

Waiting for you to have a look at those few questions I asked before I agree to do that... Looks like I'm not sharing?
  17. N

ATC speakers / Monitors

I do yes, in my archives. I believe 1034, 1037 and 1038. From ca. 2010. I'm 10000kms from the office now on a work trip but will dig those out. A studio I did with GENELEC 1037 in the late 00s' is 10min away from my office so I can also drop there for a measurement with my current app.
  18. N

ATC speakers / Monitors

So how are we supposed to have a "science based " conversation when the users requesting / demanding said data and throwing the word science left and right can't read it accurately, and can't answer basic questions that they should be able to answer in a heart beat if they had the knowledge...
  19. N

ATC speakers / Monitors

No, that's not at all what happened. You cannot correct a speaker with the room design. That's such a weird construct to believe that. The room will only sound as good as the speakers. I stopped working with B&W, GENELEC, PMC etc because they all have (sometimes major) issues that, aiming at...
  20. N

ATC speakers / Monitors

I'm not keen to share because the measurements of a FTB room aren't trivial to interprete since those spaces are dual (hence there are two types of measurements made: speakers to engineer/room response and room to engineer response also known as "self-noises cues environmental response".) Both...
Top Bottom