Search results

1. L

Sony Bar 9 (Soundbar) - Discussion

I know soundbars are typically the topic of ridicule among audiophiles and home theater enthusiasts, but every time a company comes out w/ a really cool design I do get pretty excited about the technology involved in the making of them and they really do get better all the the time. I think...
  2. L

New Philharmonic HT Centers are Here!

Looks like a full Philharmonic home theater setup is now possible. Seems like Dennis quietly released it recently. And the first where the measurements are finally posted in CEA 2034 format measured using Klippel! Might be the center channel to beat @ $1200. Kinda hoping to see a BMR center hit...
  3. L

KORG ICEpower Hybrid Nutube Amp

A while back Korg posted this on their site, It uses Class D ICEpower 125ASX modules in conjunction w/ their NuTubes. While ICEpower modules are typically not bleeding edge like HypeX and Purifi, they're still relatively capable amps w/ decent power and reasonably low distortion. Doesn't seem...
  4. L

Guitar/Bass Guitar Amps

I've always wondered how guitar "amps" measured. People have always said that they struggled with higher frequencies and that's why they don't have tweeters on them because they distort. Anyone know if there is any truth to this? Does it mean to say that the amplification on guitar amps are...
  5. L

Toslink and Jitter

I've been looking into getting some Optical/Toslink Cables for a for a video VHS archival project. I want to use an external DAC instead of the one that's built into the VHS player and the only way to keep the data in digital is via Toslink to my DAC/AVR. I get that Jitter is irrelevant...
  6. L

How was the Harman target for IE and Speakers achieved?

I feel like its pretty well known that the Harman consumer target response for over ear was conducted using the HD800S, but how did they determine the preference target when it came to IEM's and loudspeakers? I would assume that different fields would have yielded different results based on the...
Top Bottom