Search results

1. H

Chromecast alternative or similar for HD audio

I am currently using Chromecast ultra to cast music from Spotify and SqueezeServer. Is there an alternative to Chromecast ultra that can handle HD audio (24bit 96khz and above) Let’s leave RPI options alone since it’s absolutely flaky. Any options?
  2. H

Media Server with iOS/Android remote that can cast to Chromecast without transcoding

Is there a media server that can serve FLAC (24bit 96khz max resolution) to a Chromecast without transcoding. I have tried PLEX and it transcodes audio to mp3 or m4a. There should be a remote to browse the media on a phone/ipad and should be able to cast to Chromecast.
  3. H

PA Speaker speaker for home use

Has anyone tried using a small PA speaker for music Thinking of play over Spotify or Squeezelite I understand that they are meant for ear bleeding levels. I am looking for an Active speaker that replaces my old SONOS play 5. More power though. PA speaker with DSP. Any suggestions.
  4. H

Streamer suggestions

Do you have any suggestions for a streamer. Streamer that does TIDAL, SPOTIFY, ROON (Possibly) and Squeezelite (only because I can cast from iPeng) for the music from my Logitech Media Server. Open to suggestions on other Audio Server Softwares... Wanna stay within $500 or so...
  5. H

How do I play music on my RPI3B+ with HifiBerry DAC+ Pro

I have a RPI 3B+ and a HifiBerry Dac+ Pro How can I get my music that is stored on a NAS, USB Drive and a 3.5" HDD and my Spotify over to my RPI for playback. the Best solution I thought of was the Squeezelite + SPOTTY. I just can't get any OS to work. I tried Volumio, Moode, Max2Play and...
  6. H

Cheap DAC Preamp that measures well

Hello My Processor that I use for Home Stereo listening has crapped out and was hoping if there is any suggestions on DAC Preamp - Must have XLR Outs - Must Measure well. - Must have USB DAC option - XLR digital in optional - Must have SPDIF digital in I need a preamp while my Processor is...
  7. H

HDMI vs Digital Coaxial

I have a CD player with HDMI and digital coaxial and I was wondering if there is any difference in an HDMI digital out and a Digital coaxial in terms of measurements or what one hears. Audioholics said that he preferred Digital Coax to HDMI. Any mesaurements and views here ? from 16bit to 24bit...
  8. H

Other trustworthy publications like Audio Science Review.

Are there any other trustworthy publications like Audio Science Review that don't use "feel", "airy bass", "musical instrument separation" and "organic" in their equipment reviews and support it by measurements ?
  9. H

Preamp for my Genelec 8260A Speakers

I have been running my Genelec 8260a speakers fully digital for the last 10 years. Even when I added a Dual DS460 turntable, I got myself a Behringer DEQ2496 and an input selector to connect to them speakers. Adding anymore devices like a google chromecast or any other device means more...
Top Bottom