Search results

1. J

Topping A30Pro Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

I'm almost maxing out the volume is hte problem, I'm on High gain and can push it to 100% volume and still be at normal listening volumes. I tested these headphones on my Atom Amp which is far less powerful and while the loudness in the mids and highs can get about equal to the A30 Pro, the...
  2. J

Any update on where the D10 Pro can be purchased or it's price? The A30 Pro with 2v input is just barely enough for the HE6SE V2's, it sounds good but you can def tell the amp is struggling in the low end
  3. J

cool, I appreciate the help and feedback! out of curiosity, why would the A30 pro be a better choice over the A90 if I run them off a balanced dac?
  4. J

I will probably end up grabbing the A90 just to know I have the headroom for them. What is the balanced output power of the A90 with a 2v input at 50 ohms? It sounds like either way I'll have to grab the new D10 Balanced DAC and sell my E30. The E30 has been a wonderful DAC though, great work...
  5. J

Very cool! I'm def interested in the D10 Balanced, I'll keep an eye out! I do use EQ and would like to EQ the bass up a bit on these, but do know it will take a lot of power. There's quite a few reports saying they need 4 watts at 50 ohms to be properly powered. I would love to have a great...
  6. J

I'm looking for a solution to drive the Hifiman HE 6SE V2 that is arriving monday. I picked this up with hopes for doing that, 2 watts might just be enough to do it, but will be pushing it to the limits. I really enjoy my Topping E30 dac and was hopping not to have to replace it to get more...
  7. J

You're saying it will maintain 3.5 watts of output power with a 2v input? It only does 3 watts into 33 ohms with 2v so this sounds off. What would the power be at 50 ohms with 2v input?
  8. J

So what would that be at 50 ohms? I'm trying to figure out how much power it will have for the HE6SE V2.
  9. J

Does anyone know the outpout power of this amp with a 2v input? I'm using it with my E30 DAC which only outputs 2v. My goal is to power the Hifiman HE6SE V2 that I have coming on Monday with this to see how they sound as my Atom Amp is very underpowered for it, however, I'm a bit worried that...
  10. J

Topping E30 DAC Review

Ah, my mistake, the drivers. I might just be crazy, but I swear it sounds better lol
  11. J

Topping E30 DAC Review

Has anyone else updated to the latest firmware on the E30 and noticed increased detail and overall improvement in sound? I did the update this morning, not expecting much (I had not updated it since purchasing in December of 2020) but instantly noticed more detail using my Sundara. Am I going...
  12. J

Hifiman Sundara Review (headphone)

I made my own EQ which is a mix of Oratory and Amir's, Amir's in the upper mids and treble, Oratory in the lower mids and bass. I found Oratory's has too much energy in the treble and makes them sound harsh. It's very apparent in metal music with a lot of symbol and snare hits.
  13. J

Hifiman Sundara Review (headphone)

It looks like you're using Oratory's EQ for the old version of the Sundara, He has an updated version of the 2020 version which is what I am assuming Amir measured (Updated pads).
  14. J

We measure audio equipment for free!!!

While I would be sad not to have them for a couple weeks, I do have a pair of Beyerdynamic TYGR 300R that I could send over for measurements. There's not much done with them in terms of measurements but they are a really great headphone for the price, would love to see some objective...
  15. J

JBL Stage A130 Review (speaker)

ok, I'll give it a try to see if I notice any difference between the E30 day and the internal decoding. It will just be temporary as the E30 is my desktop DAC, but i'll be curious. I'll also be able to apply EQ when running the E30 to these speakers so it will be interesting to see how the EQ on...
  16. J

Just to test it, could I hook my Topping E30 DAC up to the analog audio input on the AV Receiver and just get it to pass through acting as an amp?
  17. J

I got these speakers the other day and am very pleased with them. I am new to "Audiophile" speaker setups, but have been into headphones for quite some time and wanted a better sounding speaker set. My current setup is using a very old Sony AV Receiver, so I'm assuming this is the limitation of...
Top Bottom