Search results

1. T

Causes of "harsh" sound in speakers (and tweeter material)

One of my biggest issues when listening to different speakers is that a lot sound unbearably harsh(sibilant?) to me, even if they measure flat-ish on the treble. Sometimes its hard or impossible to EQ away for some reason, even if I know where the peak is. This made me think it might be some...
  2. T

Is buying speakers with a small hole in the driver a bad idea?

Seller says he doesn't hear any issues. Even if there are, can it be repaired or is it not worth the risk?
  3. T

Importance of impulse response

I have seen a lot of people here say that impulse response is not relevant, and that basically only frequency response matters. This confused me because I happen to use Eclipse single driver speakers, which I like a lot and I indeed think they sound really transparent like they claim, and their...
  4. T

Amount of volts needed to use Purifi amp without buffer

Hi guys, this is probably really simply but just to be sure I want some confirmation. This amp has 12.8db of gain which is roughly 20x. So, if my speakers can take a maximum of 50 watts at 6 ohms, then a 4 volt output from a dac(which is normal for XLR), will be enough, I assume? Since 4...
  5. T

Correct way to connect an nCore XLR amp to an RCA source

Hello, I am wondering if there is a safe way to do this, since most solutions I have found on the internet are about the connection of the xlr terminals to the internals of the amp, or something. I want to connect the nc400 to an old unbalanced tube pre amp. Will something like this be ok...
Top Bottom