Search results

1. W

Low Bass output playing music. Denon AVR with Nvidia streamer?

Hoping for some conversation on this. I have a Denon 3700h and buckeye amp in my theater room and use an NVidia shield as the streaming source. I run dual HSU VTF-3 subs with a mini DSP all tuned with REW and audyssey, including a custom house curve. Movies sound fantastic. (especially with...
  2. W

The age old... What should I buy?

Now that I have finished my HT setup, I am now dreaming and planning for my first 2.1 setup. I am not sure where to get started. The only thing I have settled on so far are the Wharfedale Linton 85ths for the speakers and the Wiim mini to allow the ability to play streams from my phone and...
  3. W

RSL sub issue

My friend just got an RSL speedwoofer with the wifi adapter . He is Using it with his yamaha A-S501. We noticed something bizarre. As we turned the volume louder on the receiver, initially the sub would get louder, but at about 50% volume the sub stopped getting louder and only the towers...
  4. W

Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab OML-2 Loudspeakers

Does anyone have experience with these? I found a pair for $750 in the rosewood color. They look beautiful, but I can't find much about their sound. I was assume mobile fidelity sound lab would not want their name on a average speaker.
  5. W

Suggestions for my vinyl

My wife finally gave me the nod to install a dedicated system for my vinyl. I currently have a pioneer PL 518. I would like to keep the budget reasonable while obtaining a great sound. $2,000 - 3,000 range. Staying at or below 2k would be ideal. Want something to wound good playing a wide...
  6. W

Suggestions to Maximize sound quality in my multi-purpose room.

I am looking for direction on making the most out out of this area and have the best possible sound. This room will be multi-use. 5.2.2, 2.1 music, and just hanging out. Attached is a rough draft of how I expect it to look once we finish the build. The wall with the LCR will have a 120-150"...
  7. W

Displayport> HDMI to AVR?

I am able to get decent computers from work. The only issue is the desktops have Displayport only. Id like to use one as client for music and plex, but not sure if it work work correctly. Has anyone had luck using a DP to HDMI cable from computer to AVR and then HDMI from AVR to projector? I...
  8. W

Drowning in information on acoustics and soundproofing

I have began to read and read the information on various forums on acoustics and soundproofing and I found myself more overwhelmed than I was before. I can appreciate a lot of the information and plan to better understand it all in the future, but to be honest a lot of it was over my head at...
  9. W

Integrated amp or power amp?

I have a HT system consisting of a denon 3500h, emotiva T1+, C2+ and an Hsu mk5 vtf3. I use this setup to listen to music 60% of the time. I was having overheating issues driving the 4ohm speakers and felt I could use more power. Originally I was going get a power amp, but as I thought about...
  10. W

Emotiva BasX A-300 vs AUDIOPHONICS MPA-S250NC

As I consider a stereo amp to take some load off my avr, I've landed on these two devices so far. Any preference one over the other to power my 4ohm emotiva T1+? Open to other suggestions too.
  11. W

Audyssey suggestions

I had been posting on other fourms and have really taken I liking to all the information presented on this forum. I am very new to the higher end audio and HT scene, but have really enjoyed learning as I go. I have been looking for suggestions on how my system is performing based off the graphs...
Top Bottom