• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Suggestions for my vinyl

wickflair

My wife finally gave me the nod to install a dedicated system for my vinyl. I currently have a pioneer PL 518.

I would like to keep the budget reasonable while obtaining a great sound. $2,000 - 3,000 range. Staying at or below 2k would be ideal.

Want something to wound good playing a wide range of music.

JayGilb

Major Contributor
My wife finally gave me the nod to install a dedicated system for my vinyl. I currently have a pioneer PL 518.

I would like to keep the budget reasonable while obtaining a great sound. $2,000 - 3,000 range. Staying at or below 2k would be ideal.

Want something to wound good playing a wide range of music.
Besides the Pioneer, what hardware do you currently have ?

JayGilb

Major Contributor
That's it. I have a full system that I use to use for my pioneer but that is all going to be used in my dedicated theater room now.
How big is the room that will be used for your vinyl system ?
You mentioned wife approval, how important is the look of the system to her or is located in an area where it isn't noticeable ?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get some basic information for the forum members to use when they make recommendations.

OP
W

wickflair

How big is the room that will be used for your vinyl system ?
You mentioned wife approval, how important is the look of the system to her or is located in an area where it isn't noticeable ?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get some basic information for the forum members to use when they make recommendations.
All very valid questions and wish I was more specific in my original post.

Not sure the exact dimensions of the room, but it is a medium size room that opens up to our dinning room. The room is what most consider their formal room right by the front door, so aesthetics are somewhat important, but hiding the equipment is not. I actually want it to be the center piece of the room.

The idea is to have a listening area as well as background music when we have visitors so headphones are not really an option.

Last edited:
Top Bottom