Search results

1. A

Help - Confused by mismatch between ARC and Quick Measure when measuring +/- subwoofer polarity setting

[Edited for clarity in the daylight] In trying to integrate my SVS SB-1000 into my stereo bookshelf setup, I am measuring using ARC to determine the best polarity (for my room/system) on the Sub, but I am getting an odd result. Using the ARC quick measure feature, negative polarity seems like...
  2. A

Creating loudness compensation through ARC Genesis

Hey everyone. I am curious whether anyone has experimented with (or has an idea of how to) effectuate loudness compensation for low volume listening using Anthem ARC Genesis. My use case is a nearfield 2.1 desktop setup which I almost always listen to under 70 dBs. I assume it will be easier...
  3. A

Help me upgrade my budget system

Hi all! I would love some advice on upgrading one or more components of the budget system I have been slowly building over the last few years. I am trying to figure out where to get the most value / improvement out of the potential upgrades. My use case is a single (near field) listening...
  4. A

Ideal crossover for KEF Q150?

Happy weekend everyone. I recently purchased the SVS SB 1000 PRO to pair with my KEF Q150s in a 2 channel setup. My amplifier does not have bass management (and neither the sub more the amp have a high pass filter capability), but I am using ARC (through the Martin Logan Unison) and have a...
  5. A

How close can I get the sound of my vinyl setup to my digital setup

I recently was given my grandfather's old high end turntable from the late 70's. I had it repaired and then went on a binge collecting my favorite albums of the last 20 years to the extent I could find color / limited edition versions thereof. While I definitely went overboard, I really like the...
  6. A

Help with vintage 1979 Mitsubishi DP-EC2 Turntable

Hey everyone! I finally got my digital system to a place I am happy with. Recently, I was helping my wife's grandfather move and he gave me his 1979 Mitsubishi DP-EC2 turntable. This morning, I went to make sure it still powered on (he hasn't used it in years), since before I go down the road...
  7. A

Radio interference (FM) and buzzing in speakers without input source

Hello everyone! After much anticipation, I finally set up my new KEF Q150s today with my new Cambridge Audio AXA25 for a budget nearfield listening setup. Unfortunately, I am getting MASSIVE radio interference even before plugging an input source into the system where the speakers basically...
  8. A

Is there a difference between 20watts of power from a 25W amp and a 100w amp?

Good morning everyone. In researching and reviewing amplifier pairings, I noticed many people saying you need an amp with lots of power, even for low volume listening, in order to have better control over the speakers. Is that really the case? I.e., if you had two amps, one which maxed at 25W...
  9. A

Do standmounters have to be used on stands?

Very basic question! For bookshelf speakers categorized as "standmounters", is that just because they are over some arbitrary size limit, or is there some fundamental difference where you need stands to make them sound good? For example, lots of people seem to talk about using the KEF Q150 on...
  10. A

Banana plug and spade connector on the same binding post?

Hey everyone. As always, thanks in advance for the advice. I have a two channel integrated amplifier without a sub-out. I currently connect the amp to two bookshelf speakers using pre-assembled banana plug terminated speaker wires that I do not intend to disassemble or replace. Setting aside...
  11. A

Safe XLR to RCA cable

Hi everyone! I have an SMSL M500 DAC. My goal is to send a signal to both the Cambridge Audio AXA25 I just purchased for my new KEF Q150s (nearfield desktop listening) AND to my existing monolith liquid spark headphone amp. My thought is to use XLR to RCA cables since the DAC can output both...
  12. A

Need help selecting budget analogue amp for bookshelf speakers

Sorry for the double post, but I realized my post in other people's threads may have gotten lost. My goals are as follows: the cleanest most musical amp for nearfield low to mid volume listening. The speakers will be on a desktop. As such, I am really looking for the best measurements (versus...
Top Bottom