• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help - Confused by mismatch between ARC and Quick Measure when measuring +/- subwoofer polarity setting

aerochrome2

Forum Donor
[Edited for clarity in the daylight]

In trying to integrate my SVS SB-1000 into my stereo bookshelf setup, I am measuring using ARC to determine the best polarity (for my room/system) on the Sub, but I am getting an odd result.

Using the ARC quick measure feature, negative polarity seems like the CLEAR winner. See the first image where the highlights show the huge nulls and peaks around the crossover point of 100 - 110 Hz (when on positive polarity).

However, when I run the full ARC measurements, I seem to get a flatter response with positive polarity around the crossover point, with everything else being relatively similar (see the second and third attachments). This appears to be the opposite of what the "quick measure" was showing though.

Am I missing something, or is there an explanation for what is going on?

Attachments

• Positive vs. Negative Polarity - with sub and mains.JPG
    Positive vs. Negative Polarity - with sub and mains.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 41
  • ARC Genesis 9.11.22 (postive polarity).pdf
    100.4 KB · Views: 46
  • ARC Genesis 9.11.22 (negative polarity).pdf
    100.2 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Top Bottom