Search results

1. D

FS/US: Hypex nc500

Still available? Are these the Nc500 OEM?
  2. D

THD 101 - THD in power inverters vs THD in amplifiers - THD in Amplifier plugged into Inverter?

Tank you for the answers. So it seems like I should have no audible differences if during a power outage I plug my stereo into a 12v battery with a pure sine inverter
  3. D

THD 101 - THD in power inverters vs THD in amplifiers - THD in Amplifier plugged into Inverter?

Hello everyone. I often understand the basics but often am aware of when I'm over my head. So I'm aware of what THD is in an amplifier, and I'm also roughly aware of what THD is in an electrical signal (more so in terms of a Modified Sine Wave or a Pure Sine Wave - mostly in that the Pure sine...
  4. D

Dirac Live vs Servo Subwoofers

Hello everyone. I own a MiniDSP SHD which has the option of using Dirac Live. I've also been keen on Rythmik Servo Subwoofers and have drooled over them for a while. So my question to everyone is, What exactly would be the differences between using Dirac Live on a Subwoofer, or having a Servo...
  5. D

Topping preamp

Wow that's expensive. I'll pass
  6. D

[Help] Solving our Topping E30 DAC issue once and for all !

The windows 10 upgrade is free... google it. Why not just upgrade?
  7. D

Artists You Have Discovered Lately

Anything by Graham Patzner or Whiskerman
  8. D

Considering a DIY Sub - got a favorite?

Rythmik has servo kits. I've been investigating their F12 dual subwoofer. You can split them into two separate ported or sealed and use the one amp. A hair under $1k for the pair (normally one f12 would be $1k)
  9. D

MiniDSP SHD

Can you get a firmer answer on that?
  10. D

MiniDSP SHD

Still available? Is all the Dirac Live software transferrable?
  11. D

DACs with enough voltage for Power amplifiers - what should I be looking for?

Thank you for the offer but my post was trying to search for a DAC to handle preamp duties.
  12. D

Topping DX7s or D70 - Using BOTH XLR and RCA question

Hello. I am getting close to pulling the trigger on a DX7s (D70 is a backup) because I've been led to believe the following. 1. I can get 2v output through RCA (4v through XLR). 2. They can output XLR and RCA at the same time. This would allow me to send one set of signals to a powered...
  13. D

Topping preamp

Not sure if this helps. Topping Dx7s allows for outputs through XLR and RCA at the same time. So you can use one or the other for subwoofer/etc preouts
  14. D

1. One thing to throw into the idea of going off of the power output idea ... ErinsAudioCorner.com's test of the Philharmonic BMR said that " Max SPL for 20Hz to 20kHz is approximately 96dB @ 1 meter. The compression threshold was exceeded above this SPL. Max SPL for 80Hz to 20kHz is...
  15. D

Wow. You guys/gals all rock. That was a major response even before I woke up. I'm think I got the answer I was looking for, which was that a Topping D50s should be able to provide enough voltage (2v) to power a 252, 502, or a Purifi. It will be too much for the NC252mp (1.55v - according to...
  16. D

What DAC's (under $700) have enough voltage to act as a pre-amp for a power amplifier? Volume control is likely a must unless I add one separately. I'm posting this in the newbie forum because I'm a newbie and there are parts of this question that I don't understand - otherwise, I'd just go and...
Top Bottom