• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping DX7s or D70 - Using BOTH XLR and RCA question

Hello.

I am getting close to pulling the trigger on a DX7s (D70 is a backup) because I've been led to believe the following.

1. I can get 2v output through RCA (4v through XLR).
2. They can output XLR and RCA at the same time. This would allow me to send one set of signals to a powered subwoofer, the other to my powered amp.
3. I'm assuming that when outputting to both XLR and RCA - they are still sending 2v to RCA AND 4v to XLR
4. I'm also assuming that I can still use the volume functions while doing all of this - ultimately using the DX7s depends on being able to use it for its volume adjustment purposes.

Does anyone use BOTH the RCA and XLR outputs (simultaneously) on the DX7s or the D70 and can confirm that my assumptions are correct?

Or should I just throw some XLR Y-splitters in there to feed both power amps and power subs?

Top Bottom